The Gatton College of Business and Economics is seeking a creative and highly skilled Systems Developer to join our Technology Center. This position reports to the Director of Technology. The primary responsibilities of this role include designing, developing, and implementing new internet forms and related intranet applications as well as maintaining existing and ongoing projects. The facilitation of streamlined business processes in the college; design, develop, and implementation of web-based applications in Windows Server IIS, MySQL, and PHP environment; design, develop, implement and debug code and database schemata. We are looking for someone who can leverage all available technology in a complex managed environment; and assist in the management of Windows IIS Server and MySQL Database server. In the Gatton College, we are looking for professionals who are team players and that truly embody the College's tagline of "Blue Means Business."
Over the last 90 years, UK's Gatton College of Business and Economics has been preparing principled leaders for the global economy, producing high quality, influential research, and supporting economic growth in Kentucky and beyond. Accredited by the AACSB International, Gatton proudly offers a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional business and economics degrees and certificates. We are housed in a recently renovated 220,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility where the college accommodates the fastest growing enrollment on UK's campus, expected to reach over 4,000 Students by 2019. Through teaching, research, and outreach, the Gatton College has a direct, tangible influence on the lives of Kentucky's citizens and people around the world.
8F000:College of Business and Economics
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.; sitting/standing at a computer work station for extended periods of time; performing repetitive motion tasks; effective communication with individuals from diverse backgrounds and varied professional levels.
Typically Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm; nights and weekends as needed.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Computer related field
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years experience do you have in positions relating to a customer service field?
- 0 years
- More than 0 years, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 6 years
- More than 6 years
- * What is the name of the configuration file for the PHP platform?
- * What is the difference between GET and POST in PHP?
- POST displays the submitted data as part of the URL, during GET this information is not shown as it's encoded in the request.
- POST can handle a maximum of 2048 characters, GET has no such restrictions.
- POST allows only ASCII data, GET has no restrictions, binary data are also allowed.
- Normally POST is used to retrieve data while GET to insert and update.
- None of the above
- All of the above
- * You want to find all registrations in a MySQL table with the firstname starting with ‘Deb'. Which below is the proper syntax for a MySQL SELECT statement?
- SELECT * FROM registrations where firstname like 'deb';
- SELECT * FROM registrations where firstname like 'Deb*';
- SELECT * FROM registrations where firstname like 'deb%';
- None of the above
- All of the above
- * Do you have experience managing web application projects working with clients? (I.E. project management experience in web applications)?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter