Administrative Services Administrator 1
Administrative Services Administrator 1
Job Number: 81510
Administrative Services Administrator (Staffing Administrator)
Job Code: 4121 Job Grade: H FTE: 100%, Exempt
Department of Bioengineering, School of Engineering and School of Medicine
The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Department of Bioengineering
Stanford Bioengineering is a dynamic and rapidly growing department within the Stanford Schools of Engineering and Medicine. For more than a decade, the Department of Bioengineering has sought to advance bioengineering as a fundamental engineering discipline grounded in basic sciences, powered by a unique set of engineering concepts and principles, and capable of realizing many diverse applications. Our community ranges broadly, consisting of esteemed alumni, dynamic staff, and world class faculty and students. Our staff are critical to our organization's mission of conducting cutting-edge research with the objective of creating innovative solutions to global challenges.
The Department of Bioengineering seeks a Staffing Administrator to provide operational support to our faculty, staff, and programs. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, you will support a large volume of diverse clients through the recruitment and development of staff and administrative programs. You will serve as a liaison between the department, school administration, and various groups on campus. Help us craft the next level of professional and scientific staff in a positive and productive work culture. Are you personable, proactive, love tackling multiple projects and exude a high-level of customer service? Then bring your talent and skill to help support our mission of seeking solutions to important global problems while educating the next generation of leaders who will make the world a better place.
Your responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A Bachelor's degree and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Capacity to help manage diverse teams of professionals with an special emphasis on organization and communication and setting and meeting production deadlines.
- Proficiency in computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success with planning and executing tasks with minimal guidance. An ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with common online platforms, such as Box and Google Drive
- Proficiency with Stanford systems
- Knowledge and/or experience with administrative staff roles
*Please note that this position has an internal candidate, however, we encourage all interested in the position to apply.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
Location: School of Engineering, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency