ASSISTANT COACH - WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL
ASSISTANT COACH - WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL
Posting Number: SRGV3696
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
Assists in the University's Athletics programs to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Responsible for assisting the Head Coach with all duties.
Description of Duties:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: practice and game coaching, recruiting of student-athletes, monitoring of the academic progress of the program’s student-athletes, conditioning, summer camp, community involvement, public relations and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach. Must be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and exhibit a strict adherence to NCAA, university and departmental rules and regulations.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within six (6) weeks of hiring.
Three (3) years of collegiate and/or professional level coaching or playing experience.
Personal computer and standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment. Travel is required. Extended hours on weekends and evening are required.
• Understand and adhere to all policies and procedures of the University, Conference and the NCAA. Assume complete responsibility to ensure that the student-athletes conduct themselves in an appropriate manner in accordance with NCAA policies.
• Understand that violation(s) of NCAA rules could result in sanctions being placed against the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and the University.
• Attend regularly scheduled compliance meetings to maintain knowledge of current and recently established policies.
• Have familiarity and knowledge of NCAA Division I rules required as part of job duties.
• Ability to exhibit integrity with high ethical standards and strict adherence to NCAA, conference, university and departmental rules and regulations as well as solid commitment to academic integrity, student-athlete welfare, ethnic diversity and gender equity.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 12/13/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19998
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency