Posting Number: SRGV3687
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: B3 Institute
Scope of Job:
To assist in the planning, organizing and implementation of a professional development program for K-12 Social Studies and History teachers from the Edinburg and Brownsville Independent School Districts as part of a U.S. Department of Education grant, Historias Americanas (American Stories). Additional duties include management, oversight, and supervision of project activities, exercising independent judgment and authority as required, and carrying out all phases of the program, budget forecasting, planning, and monitoring expenditures in compliance with the grant.
Description of Duties:
• Works with Project Director and Project Administrator in coordinating the Historias Americanas Professional Development Program for K-12 teachers to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities of program are carried out in compliance with the grant.
• Coordinates the various activities of the program and manages the day to day activities and needs associated with the program.
• Serves as a liaison between UTRGV and Edinburg CISD and Brownsville ISD Program Coordinators, Social Studies Coordinators, Principals and/or Superintendents and other local entities associated with the program.
• May assist and participate in budget planning and monitoring expenditures in accordance with budget allocations prescribed in the grant.
• Assists Project Director, Project Administrator, and other faculty in developing programming and organizing of Professional Development workshops, and preparing reports of activities
• Assist in creating brochures, letters, agendas, and other communications for program.
• Represents UTRGV in official functions & events related to Historias Americanas Program.
• Attends meetings, conferences, and/or seminars related to the program’s mission & goals.
• Assists in creating appropriate reports as required for the project for submission to the U.S. Department of Education.
• Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with teachers, Principles, Program Coordinators, Social Studies Coordinators, and Superintendents at Edinburg CISD and Brownsville ISD.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction and guidance from the Project Director and Project Administrator.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university.
Education, Social Studies Composite, Mexican American Studies or related field.
• Three (3) years of experience performing closely related duties, including program planning and/or coordinating professional development programs for teachers, working knowledge of effective K-12 pedagogies, developing curriculum and lesson plans for instruction, and applying TEKS for elementary and secondary education, or
• Five (5) years of the required experience with an Associate Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
• Seven (7) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience and/or working knowledge of accounting and budgeting procedures.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
• K-12 Teaching Experience, particularly in Social Studies and/or History at the middle and secondary school levels.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PP, & Excel, and other pertinent software), Social Media, and Research skills.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Normal office or classroom environment. Some travel is required to schools and other locations in Edinburg and Brownsville. The specified project or program may require ability to drive a car for local or distant travel for consultation, training, meetings, or on-site demonstrations. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and lift for retrieving/maintaining files and for setting up multimedia equipment. Must be able to move between buildings, offices and classrooms.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students, teachers, school administrators and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills. Demonstrated amicable interpersonal skills. Independent decision-making and problem-solving ability. Must demonstrate effective program coordinating, project development, and the ability to develop and maintain strong working relations with internal and external personnel and entities.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 12/11/2018
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 09/30/2021
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20171
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency