Director of Admissions
Director of Admissions
California Northstate University, College of Health Sciences, Rancho Cordova, CA
Job Classification: Full-time, exempt
Benefits: Per California Northstate University employee benefits
Closing Date: Position Open until Filled
Review of Applications: Reviewed upon receipt; for best consideration, apply by January 2nd, 2019.
Anticipated Start Date: Feb 1st, 2019 or as soon as possible
Reporting Responsibility: Report directly to the Dean of the College of Health Sciences
California Northstate University College of Health Sciences is a community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to the mission of transforming education in the health sciences. We are a team-oriented group interested in supporting a student centered and innovative educational environment and seek individuals interested in excelling at their own immediate responsibilities and contributing to the College and University as a whole.
Job Description: This position is directly responsible for the leadership, supervision, and coordination of recruitment, admissions and enrollment management services. The Director is a highly visible member of the Admissions team, particularly among the student body.
Responsibilities (not meant to be exhaustive):
- Responsible for recruitment, admission and outreach services, personnel and processes
- Develop a comprehensive enrollment management plan
- Collaborate with university administrators to prepare Enrollment Agreements and update the application portal
- Plan, coordinate and create marketing and advertising materials and media
- Head all student recruitment efforts; attend recruitment activities
- Set-up and maintain Consumer Relation Management software
- Monitor and plan the Admissions budget
- Work collaboratively with University personnel to maximize enrollments and admissions
- Serves on the admissions committee
- Manage the application, interview, and acceptance process
- Oversight of the collection and recording of matriculation documentation
- Coordinates admissions process with the offices of financial aid and registrar
- Coordinate with outside agencies, parents, and alumni
- Develop and update policies and procedures for this program
- Develops course equivalency/articulation for feeder institutions of the College
- Participate in the production of reports for various purposes and analysis of success metrics
- Engage in professional development as needed to keep abreast of current issues related to Admissions
- Collaborate with programmatic assessment and participate in all accreditation and regulatory processes
- Other duties as necessary
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Earned doctorate (Ph.D. preferred) in health professions, educational discipline, or basic science
• At least ten (5) years of experience in educational administration, preferably in admissions, at the level of program director or department chair/head
- Good management and leadership skills when working with individuals or teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong commitment to excellence in education, scholarly activities, and service
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Experience with SEVIS and immigration, or willingness to learn
- Occasional weekend work required
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter of interest that addresses qualifications, experience and career goals (please include your reason of interest in working at California Northstate University)
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three (3) professional references
Please send application materials to the HR Department email, or California Northstate University, 9700 West Taron Drive, Elk Grove, CA 95757.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that although the main campus for California Northstate University is located in Elk Grove, CA, this position is located at California Northstate University, College of Health Sciences, in Rancho Cordova, CA.
Apply for Director of Admissions
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly