Faculty Position in Occupational Therapy (Program Director)
The Department of Health, Human Function, & Rehabilitative Sciences invites applications for a program director for the Occupational Therapy (OT) program. The School of Medicine & Health Sciences is a dynamic academic environment that encourages collaborative and interprofessional efforts within the University and beyond. This full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track faculty appointment will be filled at a rank (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor) and salary commensurate with experience. Total compensation also includes a generous benefits package.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The program director will oversee and develop program curricula, policies, and procedures; manage budgets faculty hiring, and teaching assignments; and mentor and evaluate the program’s faculty. The program director will also provide leadership for in securing accreditation for a new entry-level Occupational Therapy Doctorate program expected to begin August 2020.
- A doctorate in a related field of study at the time of appointment;
- Licensed, or eligible for licensure, to practice OT in the District of Columbia at the time of appointment;
- 8 years of experience as an occupational therapist;
- 3 years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities;
- Administrative experience including, but not limited to, program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation, and budgeting;
- A record of scholarship (e.g., scholarship of application, scholarship of teaching and learning);
- Documented expertise in area(s) of teaching and knowledge of content delivery methods (e.g. online learning);
- Knowledge and experience with ACOTE guidelines and accreditation standards;
- Organization and program planning skills; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To Apply: Complete the online faculty application at http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/63565, upload a CV and cover letter, and provide the names and contact information of at least three professional references. Only complete applications will be considered. Review of applications will begin January 11, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled. Employment offers contingent on satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.