System Identification Number:
Merchandising/Digital Retailing (137300)
College of Merchandising, Hospitality & Tourism http://cmht.unt.edu
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Searching for one full-time tenure track Assistant Professor in retailing/digital retailing or aligned field with expertise in cutting-edge retailing technology.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in retailing, digital retailing or merchandising.
- Mentor graduate students and direct graduate student research.
- Develop an active research program that supports the curriculum.
- Obtain external funding for research.
- Develop strong partnerships that link student experiences with industry.
- Participate in department, college and university committees.
Merchandising and Digital Retailing program at University of North Texas is one of the top merchandising programs in the nation, with over 620 undergraduate students and nearly 30 graduate students majoring in the program. Its innovative degrees include the nation's first bachelor's degree in digital retailing, merchandising, retailing, home furnishings merchandising and consumer experience management. The mission of the department is to develop talent for careers in the dynamic global marketplace through innovative research, strong industry connections and diverse coursework that includes internship and study tours.
Established in 1890, UNT is a tier-one research university and one of the nation's largest public universities with nearly 38,000 students. As a catalyst for creativity, UNT fuels progress, innovation and entrepreneurship for the North Texas region and the state.
For more information, contact Jiyoung Kim, Search Committee Chair, at [email protected] A review of applications will begin on November 1, 2018 and continue until the position is filled or the search is closed.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
- Earned doctorate in retailing/digital retailing, retail merchandising or aligned field at the time of appointment
- Expertise in one or more of the following: retailing, digital retailing, merchandising
- Evidence of scholarly potential
- Demonstrated competence in scholarship, research and grant writing
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to enhance close relationships with industry and professional organizations.
Area of Specialty:
Non-Tenured Appointment Term:
Open Until Search Closed
Review of Applications Begins:
Required Applicant Documents:
List of Names and Contact Information of Three References
Unofficial Academic Transcripts (official transcripts due upon hire)
Statement of Research Interests