Posting Number: R0001824
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Position Summary:The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high quality executive support to the University Services leadership team. The Executive Assistant supports the Vice President of Finance, the Vice President for HR and Risk Management, the Vice President and Chief Information Officer, the Controller, the Director of Campus Safety, and the Budget and Risk Manager (“leadership team”).
- Manages Vice Presidents' calendars, scheduling appointments and meetings and resolving conflicting demands with a high level of professionalism. Ensures daily calendars run smoothly and efficiently, including ensuring that the Vice Presidents are up-to-date on their daily commitments and have necessary information and materials for meetings. Monitors responses to meeting invites and reschedules as necessary. Attends meetings to provide support for minutes, agendas, and appropriate follow-up as requested.
- Provides general office management for the University Services leadership suite ensuring the suite is running smoothly with excellent relations with the public and campus community.
- Provides front-line customer service for University Services leadership suite, including but not limited to, answering phones, greeting visitors and answering general questions. Screens and directs incoming calls, inquiries or correspondence which may be of a timely and/or sensitive nature.
- Coordinates the planning of University Services events and meetings, including scheduling of locations and times, ordering refreshments, requesting AV equipment, coordination of schedules, preparation and distribution of materials.
- Maintains files and records (electronic and hard copy) in an organized, consistent and confidential manner, using accepted departmental procedures for protecting and maintaining privacy of records. Follows document retention schedule.
- May serve as special project manager for University Services and collaborates with other campus office/departmental staff on projects.
- Drafts, proofs, edit, formats, and finalizes correspondence and other documents for the Vice Presidents as directed.
- Manages University Services website at direction of Vice Presidents.
- Manages and arranges travel and conference attendance for the leadership team.
- Performs general office duties such as copying, scanning, collating, filing and processing mail.
- Operates office equipment such as computer, photocopier, fax, calculator, label maker, and IP phone system.
- Assists with inventory and procurement of office supplies.
- Safeguards confidentiality of office communications by exercising high-level of discretion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Three to five years of general office experience of a progressively responsible nature, part of which may be satisfied by education and training, including certification. The combination of education and experience provides the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong proficiency in the use of MS Office software, particularly Word and Excel. Willingness and ability to learn new technologies associated with the job.
- Requires high degree of customer orientation, effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational skills, ability to work on routine tasks, detail oriented, ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and follow projects through to completion.
- Ability to manage high volume workload despite frequent interruptions.
- Strong record keeping, proofreading, composition, spelling, grammar and punctuation skills required.
- Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and students.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of diversity and inclusion best practices.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy and to maintain confidentiality.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check.
TYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE: Typical office work week.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS: Typical work is performed indoors in a normal office environment.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Review of applications will commence January 2nd, 2019, the position will remain open until filled.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Executive-Assistant_R0001824
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency