Professional Research Asst
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
This position is in a research program focused on the early developmental pathways to psychiatric disorders. We hope, by understanding brain and behavior from the prenatal period through adulthood, that we can develop novel prevention strategies for those vulnerable to mental illnesses. This Professional Research Assistant (PRA) will be involved in the recruitment, diagnosis, provision of nutritional supplements, and testing of infants, children and adults, including pregnant women and children who live in families with severe mental illnesses. This PRA will be involved in the recruitment and assessment of individuals whose primary language may be either English or Spanish.
PRA Job Duties:
- Have ongoing contact with research participants.
- Be involved in subject recruitment.
- Be involved in the collection of physiological and psychological data from study participants.
- Collaborate with other members of the team, and may be involved with teaching students and other trainees.
- Coordinate research participant activities across research sites, including Childrens Hospital, the University of Colorado Denver, and Denver Health Medical Center
- Have contact with referral sources.
- Participate in grant-writing for the group.
- Track patient participation in projects, by developing and maintaining databases, that relate to human-subject issues (e.g., handling of drop-outs, special subject requests regarding use of genetic information, etc.).
- Coordinate interaction with oversight committees, including human subject review boards.
- Conduct literature searches for the research group.
- Tabulation of research data for presentations, papers, and grant applications.
Less than 25 percent of this PRA's effort will be administrative work to support the research division's administrative functions, but not directly related to the conduct of a particular research protocol.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) abilities are required.
- Have experience working in research programs
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Complete applications must include 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume, 3) List of at least 3 references with contact information. Applications that do not include the required documents will not be considered.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21187 - SOM-PSYCH DEV RSCH
Posting Date: Dec 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Stephanie Vetter
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00652083