Assistant Director of Employer Relations
University of Colorado Denver
Assistant Director of Employer Relations
Position #00756675 - Req #15358
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Business School has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Assistant Director of Employer Relations position.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The Assistant Director of Employer Relations will be a key member of the Business Career Connections (BCC) team. The Assistant Director works to cultivate and sustain relationships with employers to develop and execute recruiting and branding strategies that meet our corporate partners' talent sourcing goals and help develop comprehensive strategies for CU Denver Business School's engagement with firms. The Assistant Director of Employer Relations will create and nurture partnerships with local, state, regional, and national employers for the benefit of our undergraduate, graduate, and recent alumni constituencies with a special emphasis on internships for our One-Year MBA (OYMBA) program.
Nature of Work
- Evaluates and nurtures employer relationships with the Business School to drive strategic goals
- Partners with the BCC Director, the Dean's Office, and the One-Year MBA program and to determine optimal partners based on strategic relationships, employment trends, and historical hiring practices
- Secures internships, part-time, and full-time opportunities for undergraduate, graduate, recent alumni, and OYMBA constituencies
- Team Lead for the OYMBA program for securing internships and graduate assistantships from employer and university partners; participates in program admissions interviews; the effective match of students to internships; and the management of the internship program and the employer and student follow-up process
- Through proactive networking and relationship building, orchestrates bringing together students and employers for a mutually beneficial relationship
Reports to the Director of Business Career Connections
Generate partnerships with existing and new employers to increase experiential learning opportunities and full-time jobs offered to undergraduate, graduate, and recent alumni constituencies with special emphasis on internships for the One-Year MBA program
Proactively identify and develop new opportunities to increase the visibility of new companies and in turn increase student awareness of new companies or niche industries
Regularly interact with senior-level executives and HR departments involved in the recruiting process which requires balancing the interests of multiple external stakeholders
Act as the One-Year MBA team lead for securing internships and graduate assistantships from employer and university partners; participate in program student admissions interviews; effectively match students to internships, and manage both the employer and student follow-up process
Manage correspondence with employers and students to identify opportunities and matches; submit student's career documents to employers for review
Establish processes that efficiently connect local, state, regional, and national employers with Business School students and recent alumni
Collect, analyze, and summarize employer relations data to utilize for decision making within the Business School; serve as an industry expert on recruiting trends and employers within industry verticals, identify target firms and organizations for outreach
Analyze and share company, industry, and employment data with multiple Business School departments
Consult with employers and internal departments to develop strategies to enhance employer presence on campus
Participate in various local, state, regional, and national organizations such as Chambers of Commerce, Societies of Human Resource Management, MBA CSEA, and Colorado Technology Association
Compile and report data on employer relations activities including the assessment of employer relations efforts and consultative feedback related to the effectiveness of such efforts
Market internship and job opportunities for students through CRM systems, targeted messages to students, conference calls, and participation in BCC events
Support the efforts for securing Employment Survey data; compile and analyze data and distribute to leadership and appropriate Business School departments
Support additional BCC career and professional development efforts on an as-needed basis; this could include student appointments, career workshops, and career fair employer outreach
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $58,220 to $70,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Office of Equity by email at [email protected] or by phone at (303) 315-2567.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Marketing, Communications, HR, Analytics, Psychology, Sociology, Science, or related field
- Six or more years of relevant work in HR, recruiting, sales or marketing with a minimum of four years of professional experience in a corporate environment
- B2B sales experience with a focus on selling to mid-sized to major corporations; demonstrated experience in cold calling companies, securing appointments, and selling complex solutions
- Effective business writing experience with a clear grasp of writing concise and compelling business communications
- Master of Science or MBA
- Applicant Tracking System and Job Board experience
- Experience with business roles, hiring processes, and candidate evaluation processes that allow practical guidance to students and alumni
- Hiring process experience that includes resume review, interviewing, and selecting candidates
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and contacts within local and regional business community
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with senior business leaders
- Excellent MS office skills (Outlook™, Word™, Excel™, PowerPoint™, Publisher™)
- Knowledgeable of Facebook™, Linked In™ and other social networking applications
- Strong organizational and project management skills required
- Strong verbal, writing, and presentation skills required at all levels within the organization and community
- An understanding of and appreciation for the needs and concerns of a diverse undergraduate and graduate student and alumni population required
- A deep commitment to customer service and the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work successfully in a fast-paced environment required.
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and good judgment required
- Well organized and self-confident with good follow-up skills, good initiator, self-starter. Strong attention to detail in all work product
- Professional presentation of the Community Outreach and Career Development (including Business Career Connections) to all constituents
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. Questions should be directed to [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin December 18th, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30055 - Business School
Posting Date: Dec 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Galleri
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756675