Faculty Affairs Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics - Administration
Faculty Affairs Coordinator (Academic Services Professional)
Position #686087- CU Careers Requisition #13911
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Administration, has an opening for a full-time Faculty Affairs Coordinator to provide administrative and technical support to the Vice Chair for Faculty Affairs as part of the Academic and Faculty Affairs team. The successful applicant will assist the Vice Chair for Faculty Affairs in a variety of tasks, including coordination of the annual faculty performance review process, maintenance of the faculty database, and assisting the Department webmaster with the creation of a web-based portal for Department alumni and faculty. The position will also work closely with the DOP Academic and Faculty Affairs team and the School of Medicine Office of Faculty Affairs.
Examples of Duties:
Faculty Review Process (PRiSM)
• Management of the faculty annual on-line performance review process for 800 plus faculty using the web-based PRiSM software in collaboration with the School of Medicine
• Provide training and support to section administrators throughout the annual review process, identify problems and propose solutions
• Make recommendations for improved efficiencies related to PRiSM
• Generate reports and analyze data from PRiSM for the Department Chair in preparation for meetings with Section Heads
• Create year end summary reports and analyze data from PRiSM on faculty performance for the Vice Chairs for Faculty & Academic Affairs
Faculty Interest Groups
• Attend, take minutes, create action plans under the direction of faculty leadership to further progress the interests of our faculty groups
• Organize and utilize project management skills to plan various events
• Under the direction of DOP leadership, oversee the New Faculty Dinner and the New Faculty Orientation
• Faculty mentoring, wellness and career development:
- Review current processes, analyze data, identify problems and propose solutions
- Develop new processes and policies, train faculty and administrators and serve as main point of contact
• Make recommendations and assist with process improvement and implementation
• Collaborate with the Department webmaster in the creation of a web-based portal for Department alumni and faculty
• Other duties and tasks as assigned
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $45,000 to $55,000 and is commensurate with skills, experience, and years of service with the University of Colorado.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in health care administration, human resources, education, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- 1 year of professional level experience in faculty and/or academic affairs or in faculty services
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10-panel drug test.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a criminal and sex offender background check.
- Experience in program coordination in an academic medical setting or higher education institution
- Experience working in an academic institution
- Web application development experience
- Proven ability to innovate and provide quality improvement
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Professional, service oriented individual who is interested in taking ownership of their work.
- Must be meticulous and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and interested in continually learning new skills and expanding their role in the Department over time.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well with all levels of faculty and staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team are necessary for the successful candidate.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of website development and management
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Teri Wilson at [email protected]
Special Instructions to Applicants Section 2 Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin within two weeks of the posting date, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20269 - SOM-PEDS General Operations
Posting Date: Jun 15, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Teri Wilson
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00686087