Advanced Practice Provider
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Division of Plastics
Position #00757070 - Requisition #15347
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Department of Surgery, Division of Plastics has an opening for a full-time Instructor position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery has an opening for a full time (1.0 FTE) faculty position at the rank of Instructor-Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant). This is a 100% clinical position under the direction of a faculty plastic surgeon. This position provides inpatient and outpatient medical care services at The University of Colorado Hospital and Highlands Ranch Hospital (other locations may be required). The candidate will be expected to provide independent clinical services for Plastic & Reconstructive surgical patients and act as a physician extender for the surgeons of the division. Additionally, the candidate would be available for floor consults, round on all inpatients, and be a first assist in the operating room.
The ideal candidate will be energetic and motivated to be an integral part of the team. Close collaboration with the surgeons, hospital and clinical staff will be necessary. Eligibility for prescriptive authority is required.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Practice as a fully credentialed Physician Assistant caring for plastic surgery patients under the direction of an attending physician.
- Evaluate and manage patients who are candidates for plastic or reconstructive surgery including, obtaining a thorough history, performing an appropriate physical examination and ordering necessary diagnostic testing.
- Communicate with patients (and families) to provide education about the risks and benefits of surgical procedures.
- Perform procedures such as wound care and tissue expansion.
- Triage patient telephone calls/emails and provide consultation.
- Provide monitoring and continuity of care for patients between physician visits.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Electronically document all relevant data regarding patient care in a timely manner and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
Typical Physical Demands:
This position requires the ability to engage in a full range of body motion including handling patients, manual and fine finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Position also requires standing and walking for extended periods of time as required during the delivery of services. The position requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids is possible and it is expected that the candidate will be appropriately knowledgeable regarding universal safety precautions. The work schedule may vary - flexibility is important.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Graduation from an ARC-PA accredited training program
- Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Colorado license will be required prior to start date
- Ability to obtain prescriptive authority (DEA License)
- BLS and PALS certifications will be required prior to start date
- Previous experience in a plastic surgery setting
- Previous experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- Previous experience working a hospital setting
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professional composure
- Skill in prioritizing patient and system needs appropriately
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Well organized and efficient in their work
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 15347
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20328 - SOM-SRG-RS PLAS Clinical
Posting Date: Dec 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Mandy Whitton
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00757070