Engineering Procurement Expeditor
Areas of Intereset: Engineering
Functional Areas: Research Institutes and Labs
Department: Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP)
Requisition Number: 14425
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Research Faculty
The primary role of the Engineering Procurement Expeditor is to process and facilitate a wide variety of procurements for electrical and mechanical components, plating, PWBs, lab supplies and equipment required for the manufacturing of instruments at the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics, LASP. The position supports a space flight engineering environment and interfaces with a number of different internal and external customers. This position operates within the Engineering department within LASP and supports all programs within the department.
Who We Are
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado Boulder (CU) began in 1948, a decade before NASA. We are the world’s only research institute to have sent instruments to all eight planets and Pluto.
LASP combines all aspects of space exploration through our expertise in science, engineering, mission operations, and scientific data analysis. As part of CU, LASP also works to educate and train the next generation of space scientists, engineers and mission operators by integrating undergraduate and graduate students into working teams. Our students take their unique experiences with them into government or industry, or remain in academia to continue the cycle of exploration.
LASP is an affiliate of CU Boulder AeroSpace Ventures, a collaboration among aerospace-related departments, institutes, centers, government labs, and industry partners.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Work within multiple software systems, both at the department and University level, to perform job functions.
- Prepare purchase orders and requests by entering information, gathering quotes, obtaining appropriate approvals, and communicating with necessary contacts vendors, end users, etc.
- Will forward, monitor, verify, expedite, and close procurements as required.
- May need to communicate and work with various University and outside entities during certain stages of the procurement process. This can include, but not be limited to, Purchasing Services Center (PSC), Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG), Sponsored Projects Approvals (SPA), vendors, etc.
- Work and communicates with both new and experienced requestors on required information.
- necessary for procurement requests. Gathers necessary information and prepares materials for competitive solicitations or for requests that require a sole source justification.
- Utilize various University of Colorado and State of Colorado pricing agreements for goods and services and knows when they are applicable.
- Process small dollar procurements and works directly with PSC on large dollar procurements.
- Resolve shipments and invoices in error with suppliers as required.
- Assist with documenting and updating procurement policies and procedures as needed.
- Adhere to applicable Federal, State, and University policies and regulations.
What You Should Know
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Adaptable. Be Proactive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A Bachelor's level degree with a minimum of three years of baseline purchasing experience is preferred. Additional years of experience can meet the requirement for a BS degree.
- Familiarity with purchasing and production software systems.
- Experience with fundamental purchasing procedures such as sole sourcing, solicitations of goods and services, pricing agreements, etc.
What You Will Need
- Ability to interface with various internal and external customers for various needs in the area in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner.
- High level of selfdirection with high attention to detail.
- Ability to manage various tasks and duties throughout each day is necessary.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Basic knowledge and experience with Federal and State purchasing policies and practices.
- Previous experience in an aerospace environment. Applicable experience in a highly controlled and high quality environment may suffice for the aerospace experience.
- Basic shipping and receiving and parts room/inventory experience.
- Some experience with international shipping.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- Cover Letter.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Posting Contact Name: LASP HR
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer