Orientation & Enroll Specialist
Who are we:
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. News & World Report. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.
Nature of Work:
The Orientation and Enrollment Specialist in the Office of Orientation supports the coordination of orientation reservations and enrollment processes and assists with unit wide technical enrollment processes. This position is expected to maintain excellent customer service relationships will all campus constituents including students, families, staff, and faculty, and work collaboratively with Academic Advising, Admissions, and the Registrar Office to support student transition.
This position will coordinate and be responsible for the reservation processing and database management of orientation reservations. In doing so, this position requires a strong functional understanding of processing records from the point of admission to enrollment with strong reference and attention to supporting unit wide enrollment processes. It requires highly skilled customer service via phone and email, as it serves as the office liaison to orientation inquiries from prospective and current students, family members, and professional staff. Additionally, this position is responsible for weekly orientation reports and assists with the development and execution of orientation and registration outreach. This position requires excellent organizational skills, customer service, attention to detail, and communication skills.
Enrollment Management, Office of Orientation
Position reports to the Director of Orientation
Position has no formal supervision.
Reservation Processing and Database Management (40%)
- Create, maintain, and process on-campus, out of state, international, and online orientation reservations.
- Maintain the orientation database to ensure accuracy and optimal functionality.
- Produce comparative reports each week for orientation tracking purposes.
- Serve as a resource to prospective students, current students, parents and family members, faculty and staff about orientation requirements.
- Upload daily reservation data for collaboration with enrollment management units and orientation programming.
- Reconcile information after orientation to include orientation attendance and enrollment reports.
- Process orientation fee billing.
- Send email, hard copy, phone, and text communications to prospective students who have not yet registered for orientation, have not completed their orientation, or have an upcoming orientation appointment.
- Collaborate with campus wide offices and departments including but not limited to; Admissions, Academic Advising, Student Financial Services, Degree Audit, Health and Wellness Center, Registrar, Office of Information Technology, First Year Experience, and Parent and Family Programs.
Customer Service Management (30%)
- Serve as the primarily orientation office liaison answering and directing phones and email inquiries.
- Assist in the maintenance of the orientation website.
- Create and edit orientation communication plans including emails and text messages.
Enrollment Functional Support (20%)
- Assist with the technical processes of a student's transition from application to enrollment including the release and placement of service indicators, matriculation, and term activation.
- Utilize enrollment and service indicator queries to expediate enrollment and reporting business practices.
- Assist with the processing of academic plan changes from the point of application to orientation.
- Support the Registrar's office with outreach to students with holds which impact enrollment opportunities.
Student Staff Coordination (10%)
- Hire, train, and supervise two student staff members to assist with data entry.
- Maintain and create department training procedures, documents, and departmental manuals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand how orientation fits into the larger picture of higher education and the university mission in support of the Enrollment Management Unit and university enrollment goals.
- Excellent organizational, communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and experience for working with incoming students and their families.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population.
- Highly organized and independent worker with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities. Excellent time management and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize duties and assignments.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Intermediate level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, use of databases, web browsers, and ability to learn new databases and software.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems.
$39,000 to $42,000
This position is determined to be Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime pay)
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 years' for more experience as a student employee OR 1 year or more experience as a professional in a University/college setting.
- 6 months or more maintaining and operating databases.
- 6 months or more utilizing Oracle, PeopleSoft, Fire Engine Red, and Access.
- 6 months or more mentoring and training student staff.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:• Applications submitted by January 1, 2019 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Failure to properly attach the required documents; cover letter; resume (CV) and unofficial transcript (if applicable), will result in automatic disqualification for this position.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40361 - VCAF Admissions
Posting Date: Dec 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Hailey Santonastaso
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00400428