Senior Systems Administrator
Senior Systems Administrator
Job Number: 81459
Job Code: 4833
The Senior Systems Administrator's (SSA) responsibilities -targeted towards LBRE's Utility Division- support the Central Energy Facility (CEF), FESO as well as the Water Shop with IT infrastructure services. As member of the LBRE-IT infrastructure team, reporting to the Manager IT Infrastructure, the SSA contributes -with minimal guidance- to the uptime, integrity and availability of entrusted servers, network and infrastructure at LBRE. This includes design, installation, configuration and operation of systems, network and virtualization environment.
The SSA takes responsibility for uptime, performance and security of systems, servers and networks managed. The SSA performs scheduled maintenance tasks as well as trouble shooting of applications and infrastructure. In addition, the SSA strives to improve availability of entrusted systems with monitoring, automation and architecture changes.
- Manage large and complex IT projects with high impact to LBRE and customers.
- Build, install, configure, analyze, tune, and troubleshoot operating system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Resolve difficult system problems and provide consultation or training.
- Manage hardware, software, and virtualization infrastructure
- Install update and patch Operating Systems.
- Perform capacity planning for system configuration, software services, network services, load distribution, and service interrelationships among computer systems.
- Performa trouble shooting tasks and technical support as needed.
- Monitor and analyze resource usage to recommend/develop enhancements to system capabilities and performance.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new technologies, and integrate systems into the computing environment.
- Document systems infrastructure for users, support and consulting personnel, and developers.
- The SSA understands and implements security objectives based on business requirements as well as University obligations.
- Configure and assist in the design of system and network security.
- Train personnel who provide support and consulting services to users.
- Act as liaison with various departments across campus.
- Facilitate vendor relationships in collaboration with internal customers.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships as well as to prioritize between conflicting organization requirements and interests.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with enterprise monitoring concepts and systems
- Systems administration: In-depth knowledge in the administration of Windows 2016 and 2012 server. Exposure to Unix/Linux is a plus.
- Networking: Practical knowledge in secure and resilient network design as well as implementation as well as firewall configuration and management skills needed.
- Virtualization: In depth knowledge of vmWare virtualization technologies (e.g. vSphere, vSAN, NSX) is necessary. Working knowledge in cloud technology (e.g. EC2, GCE) is a plus.
- Security: A good understanding of systems security and controls (e.g. firewalls, intrusion detection and role based access control) is necessary
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency