Assistant Director, Human Resources Benefits & Compliance
Assistant Director, Human Resources Benefits & Compliance
Posting Number: 0000720
Reports to: Executive Director, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Full or Part-time: Full Time
Responsible for a broad range of Human Resources functions in areas including employee benefits administration, retirement plan administration, faculty and employee recruitment, HRIS maintenance, and employee professional development. Serves as a resource for employee concerns.
1. Administers the College’s group and voluntary benefits and investment programs, including enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, death claims, rollovers, QDROs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing. Oversees maintenance of employee benefits files, maintains group benefits database and ensures employee premium payroll accuracy.
2. Assures compliance with Federal and State regulation compliance relating to employees (i.e., COBRA, HIPPA, PPACA, FMLA, and Mental Health Parity Act).
3. Designs, recommends, and implements new benefits programs. Examines possible plan designs and benefits cost changes. Communicates with vendors and administrators for best plans, options, and rates.
4. Serves as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators. Coordinates transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Evaluates and revises internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
5. Serves as plan administrator for the College’s pension, ORP, 403(b) and 457 (b) retirement programs. Ensures plan administration, programming and reporting is in compliance with plan provisions and legal requirements. In coordination with the retirement plan carrier consultant, schedules and develops the agenda for semiannual Investment Committee meetings. Assists in the preparation of communications to participants for education and compliance.
6. Provides customer service support to internal and externa. Customers. Develops communication tools to enhance understanding of the company’s benefits package. Designs and distributes materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment, and summary plan descriptions.
7. Administers, coordinates, and tracks all employee leaves of absences. Ensures compliance with Federal and State regulations relating to employee leaves including FMLA administration.
8. Develops employee workshops and educational events relating to wellness and retirement planning in conjunction with the College’s professional development calendar.
9. Provides support for Administrative Services, including data collection and analysis, preparation of reports, and assists with special events.
10. Handles highly confidential materials related to employees and College initiatives including: maintaining and compiling confidential office and employee files in preparation for audits and accreditation visits.
11. Assists with database management (i.e., updating information in Banner and other databases).
12. Engages with professional organization(s) and professional development activities to stay current with relevant human resources best practices. Stays current with changes in federal and state laws affecting human resources.
13. Proposes and administers personnel policies and procedures.
14. Cross trained and able to provide coverage for others in the Human Resources department.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the limited supervision of the Executive Director, assists with executing the College’s human resources practices assuring nondiscrimination and equal opportunity to employees. Supports Administrative Services activities. Assures compliance with federal and state regulations relating to employee benefits.
Bachelor’s degree required. Three or more years of human resources experience required; employee benefits experience preferred. Excellent Microsoft Office and database skills. Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills. High level of confidentiality required. Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced team environment.
Salary Range: Minimum $43,279 Midpoint $57,345
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official college transcripts required upon hire.
Open Date: 12/07/2018
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/3060
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesake’s breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our region’s future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the college’s facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches, wineries, and nationally acclaimed golf courses. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
LMC’s main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet it’s less than a half-day’s drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency