Job Title: Assistant Professor/Counselor
Location: Santiago Canyon College
Department: Student Affairs
Position Type: Faculty
Posting Close Date: 02/19/2019
Counselors provide academic, career and personal counseling by assisting current and prospective students with course and program information, career exploration, educational planning, career selection, and the identification and exploration of personal concerns. They provide assessment opportunities and use the results in helping students with course and program selection. Counselors may teach courses as assigned by the Dean of Counseling. They provide assistance to students on academic probation and assist in the monitoring of student progress with emphasis in helping students to achieve their educational goals. When appropriate, they refer students to other student services programs or community resources. They may participate in staff development and in-service training activities. They perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Applicants must meet one of the following):
• Possess from an accredited institution: A master's degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling, OR bachelor's degree in one of the above listed degrees AND a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), OR
• Possess a valid California Community College credential authorizing service in the discipline, OR
• The equivalent (applicants who do not meet the above minimum qualifications must complete the Equivalencies Section in the application form and provide conclusive evidence of such).
• A working knowledge of and experience with student learning outcomes/service area outcomes and assessment.
• Experience providing counseling services with a mastery of educational technologies and a focus on student achievement through an equity lens.
Method of Application
For consideration in the selection process, interested persons must complete the RSCCD application and upload all required documents online by the specified closing date for the position. If you do not have a computer, there is a computer which can only access RSCCD employment website and scanner to upload application materials/documents (no USB) available at the Human Resources Department, 2323 North Broadway, Santa Ana, California, 92706, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. Note: District Office will be closed from December 21, 2018 – January 1, 2019.
Please upload the following application materials in the appropriate boxes with your online application by the closing date:
• Resume (Required)
• Unofficial Transcripts showing that the minimum qualifications are met (Required)
• Please respond to each supplemental question below. Use a size 12 font and double-space your responses (Required)
Leadership Skills / Contribution of Ideas for Implementing New Initiatives
1. What role have you played in implementing any number of new California statewide initiatives?
2. What career development activities, assessments, and/or experiences help students decide on a major and career goal? Provide explanatory details for your response.
Work with Special Student Populations
3. Please detail your counseling experience with special student populations.
Minimum Counseling Experience = 1,800 Hours of Paid Counseling Experience
4. Please detail your current and/or previous paid Counseling experience by listing the institution, the number of semesters, and the average number of hours per week.
• Travel reimbursement is available to those meeting the established district criteria.
To apply, visit: https://www.rsccd.edu/employment/Pages/Employment.aspx
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency