Director of Financial Aid
Director of Financial Aid
Columbus College of Art & Design is looking for a full-time Director of Financial Aid. Under the supervision of the Vice President of Enrollment Management, the Director of Financial Aid is responsible for administering and implementing Financial Aid programs for undergraduate and graduate students. The Director must have the ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and socioeconomic and educational levels and skills by using a variety of interpersonal strategies to interact appropriately in situations ranging from large meetings to individual appointments. This position is year-round and requires occasional work on evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial Aid Program Administration: Administers all aspects of the Federal Title IV programs including the campus-based programs (FSEOG, Federal Work Study and the Perkins Loan program), Stafford Loans and PLUS Loans. Administers all aspects of the state financial aid programs including the Ohio College Opportunity Grant, Ohio Academic Scholarships and the Ohio War Orphans Scholarship. Administers all aspects of the institutional financial aid programs and other resources that are available to students including private loans, 3rd party scholarships etc. Reviews and packages new and continuing students. Counsels new and continuing students, and their parents, regarding the availability of financial aid. Director is capable of stepping in and performing all processes and activities performed by staff in the case of staff absence.
- Create, publishes, and maintains Financial Aid timeline for the office and internal partners which includes both internal processes/deadlines, as well was external student/parent processes/deadlines. This timeline enables coordination of activities with Admissions, Student Affairs, Registrar and Bursar, Marketing, and other relevant departments.
- Management and Supervision Hires, trains and evaluates staff. Manage, coach, and mentor employees so that they perform to their highest ability and conform to CCAD and Enrollment Services policies and procedures at all times. Ensures any employee performance issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. Maintains awareness and understanding of all processes and activities performed by staff. Understands that while work may be delegated to staff, Director is ultimate person responsible for activities in the department.
- Director actively seeks to increase the knowledge, skills, and leadership development of their staff.
- Supervises all Financial Aid Department personnel.
- Financial Literacy Programs & Communications Planning
- Proactively recommend to VPEM, and plan in partnership with Marketing, comprehensive communications campaigns to incoming and continuing students and their parents to address Financial Aid processes, deadlines, and financial literacy concerns. Work with Financial Aid staff to identify communications opportunities.
- Ensures that Financial Aid department develops and delivers content (workshops, videos, printed materials, etc.) to incoming and continuing students that leverages financial literacy as a way to support retention. May speak publicly to groups on and off campus on topics related to Financial Literacy and Financial Aid. Participates in the development of promotional materials. Admissions Office Interaction Ensures Financial Aid provides reports and information needed to assist in recruitment and yield of prospective students. Supports the Admissions Office with various recruitment initiatives. Participate in various Admissions events to provide Financial Aid education. Other Areas of Activity Participates in discussions re tuition pricing, institutional financial aid policies, funding levels and student expense budgets. Maintains accurate and current process documentation of all processes, policies, procedures and activities performed by Financial Aid department. Director is expected to be aware of news, developments, and current trends within the Financial Aid field. This includes federal and state regulations, as well as best practices. News and developments which can have a
- negative impact on the institution as well as best practices and trends which can be considered for adoption at CCAD are brought to the attention of VPEM.
- Serves as liaison for Financial Aid Appeals committee. Completes the Fiscal Operations Report (FISAP) on an annual basis. Coordinates and responds to audits that pertain to financial aid. Monitors financial aid recipients who withdraw from school. Prepares refunds to federal programs where applicable. Distributes information to other departments periodically regarding financial aid programs and their availability. Provides information re financial aid programs and related institutional data to other departments as necessary. Interfaces with various professional associations including OASFAA, MASFAA, and NASFAA. Maintains PowerFAIDS system and coordinates upgrades as needed. Coordinates with Admissions CRM Administrator to ensure effective PowerFAIDS integration with Slate CRM. Represents the department at institutional meetings. Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://www.applicantpro.com/j/954483-238587