ACCOUNTS PAYABLE TECHNICIAN
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE TECHNICIAN
(Classified As: ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN II)
Full-time temporary position available on or after February 1, 2019 and ending on or before January 31, 2020 in Financial Services. Possibility of reappointment based on budget, department needs, and job performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Under the general supervision of the University Accounting Manager, this journey-level position will participate as a team member responsible for independently maintaining campus accounts payable functions on behalf of the University and its related entities. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Review vendor invoices and direct pay requests, audit for accuracy and validity, code and batch invoices for payment, input vouchers into PeopleSoft Financials to issue payment for the University and its related entities. Reconcile vendor statements to vouchers paid and follow up on outstanding invoices. Evaluate documents, interpret results of transactions, identify errors, and recommend and implement corrective action.
• Provide guidance to campus departments regarding coding PeopleSoft chart strings.
• Work with general accounting staff to process AP voucher adjustments as needed.
• Receive and process travel requests/claims in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with policies and procedures of the CSU, the university and its related entities.
• Audit travel expense claims for accuracy, completeness and adherence to travel regulations.
• Maintain vendor relationships and resolve payment problems, including relevant CMS receiving problems. Work with Purchasing and Receiving staff to resolve payment problems.
• Verify that items have been received and communicate with purchasing and departments to make appropriate adjustments to purchase orders.
• Month and year end accounting close processes, including journal preparation and entry.
• Preparation and analysis of audit documentation, and required internal and external reporting requirements. Other duties or projects as assigned.
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
• Equivalent to three years of progressively responsible financial record-keeping experience which has provided the knowledge and abilities listed below.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accounting of Accounts Payable: enter voucher payments, disburse checks including direct payments and purchase orders, review and follow up on vendor invoices and past due notices, process voided checks.
• Demonstrated experience with the State of California and CSU rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated skill in using database programs/automated accounting systems (PeopleSoft preferred).
• Demonstrated experience in working with travel requests/claims and employee reimbursements.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of financial record-keeping, mathematical and general office methods, procedures, and practices.
• Ability to review financial documents for accuracy, completeness, validity, and adherence to standards.
• Ability to compute and post numbers rapidly and accurately.
• Ability to maintain files and records; identify, trace, and correct errors.
• Ability to follow directions; interpret and apply written rules and regulations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, alertness, and good judgment in responding to others.
• Ability to use current computer word processing and spreadsheet software programs, web browsers, query tools, integrated financial systems and/or other types of records management systems, such as student accounting, cashiering and student financial aid.
• Ability to read and write English at a level appropriate to the position.
• Ability to apply accounting procedures and practices to the analysis of basic accounting problems.
• Ability to analyze and interpret accounting data.
• Ability to apply problem solving techniques in finding solutions to basic accounting problems.
• Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to make sound decisions and recommendations regarding accounting activities.
SALARY RANGE: $3,010 - $5,290 per month plus excellent paid benefits. (Anticipated salary will be $3,010 -3,311 per month, depending on the qualifications of the successful finalist.) The California State University offers a premium benefit package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2019
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications will be processed in accordance with Article 9.3 of the CSU/CSUEU Memorandum of Understanding. Preference will be given to qualified individuals currently employed at CSU Stanislaus in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet the best interest of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from current employees. To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a completed CSUS employment application (download electronic application at http://www.csustan.edu/hr/Employment_Opportunities/Staff/index.html), cover letter, and resumé to:
California State University, Stanislaus ∙ Human Resources Department
Mary Stuart Rogers Educational Services Gateway Building, Suite 320 (3rd Floor)
One University Circle ∙ Turlock, CA 95382
For questions, please contact: Ms. Angela Sevilla (209) 667-3947
Satisfactory completion of a background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (209) 667-3351. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD.As a federal contractor, we are committed to attracting a diverse applicant pool. Please consider completing the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (your response will not be shared with the search committee) at:https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/sec503/Self_ID_Forms/VoluntarySelf-ID_CC-305_ENG_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
THE INDIVIDUALS WHO APPEAR TO BE THE BEST QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE CONTACTED BY TELEPHONE FOR AN INTERVIEW
PURSUANT TO THEJEANNE CLERY DISCLOSURE OF CAMPUS SECURITY POLICY AND CAMPUS CRIME STATISTICS ACT,THE ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT (ASR), IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING ATHTTPS://WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/ANNUAL-CAMPUS-SECURITY-REPORT. THE ASR CONTAINS THE CURRENT SECURITY AND SAFETY-RELATED POLICY STATEMENTS, EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS AND EVACUATION INFORMATION, CRIME PREVENTION AND SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION INFORMATION, AND DRUG AND ALCOHOL PREVENTION PROGRAMMING. THE ASR ALSO CONTAINS STATISTICS OF CLERY ACT CRIMES FOR STANISLAUS STATE FOR THE PREVIOUS THREE YEARS. A PAPER COPY OF THE ASR IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CONTACTING THE OFFICE OF THE CLERY DIRECTOR LOCATED AT ONE UNIVERSITY CIRCLE, TURLOCK, CA 95382, OR BY CALLING 209-667-3572.
THE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PERSONS ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, ANCESTRY, AGE, DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, COVERED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS. ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.CSU STANISLAUS HIRES ONLY INDIVIDUALS LAWFULLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. THE PERSON HOLDING THIS POSITION IS CONSIDERED A ‘MANDATED REPORTER' UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT REPORTING ACT AND IS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN CSU EXECUTIVE ORDER 1083, REVISED 7/21/17, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency