Manager, Enterprise Systems
Manager, Enterprise Systems
Project Management Office
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Direct and manage the development and technical implementation of academic and administrative applications and integrated information systems. Work with IT and functional leaders to align enterprise solutions with strategic direction and allocate appropriate resources. Collaborate with IT managers and staff, and business unit managers, business analysts and application users to facilitate success of technology projects and initiatives. Maximize benefits of supported applications and development of application enhancements. Lead and support the Enterprise Systems team of integration specialists, business systems analysts, application programmers, and database administrators that provide extensions, interfaces, maintenance & support of the academic and administrative software, data and reporting tools. Foster project management and change management disciplines and processes to enable quality project outcomes.
- Direct and manage the Enterprise Systems team, aligning and allocating resources and skill development with university priorities. Coach, mentor, supervise, support and assess staff to ensure a common direction that addresses current and future needs.
- Work within university IT Governance structure to set direction for prioritized university projects including cloud applications, application development and data interfacing, reporting or data warehousing needs.
- Partner with business unit managers and assigned Information Analysts to determine system goals, objectives, options and capabilities and direct ES staff to develop detailed requirements from the perspective of all users and stakeholders.
- Present recommendations to IT governance for the design or re-design of processes and procedures across business units.
- Collaborate with peer IT managers and technical staff to implement optimal and supportable solutions, leveraging the skills of the Hosting, Support, IT Infrastructure, and Information Security teams to ensure project success while minimizing risks.
- Act as primary liaison between business unit management/analysts & IT and as consultant for business requirements analysis to inform technology decisions as needed. Develop and oversee processes for review of proposed project scope and requirements, and vendor information system proposals, contracts, and technical and information security reviews for systems proposed by the business units and analysts.
- Participate in and represent Information Technology on appropriate IT Governance working groups.
- Collaborate with business unit analysts to ensure that project documentation is maintained for appropriate software life-cycle management and audit purposes. Review and manage Information Systems maintenance contracts; investigating new market options or solutions as appropriate prior to renewal.
- Provide leadership for alignment of university technologies with business objectives that will optimize customer service, maintain sustainable operations and attain institutional goals.
- Utilize project management methodologies to schedule and manage IT resources supporting multiple concurrent projects.
- Maintain awareness of data standards and administrative office policies & procedures for maintaining data elements within the system and monitor their application.
- Work with IT Governance to define university documentation standards, including test plans, with business units to assess documentation and application training to support sustainable operations.
- Promote the evolution of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts that will allow for timely and efficient use of information from multiple sources for decision making.
- Actively and enthusiastically promote the creative use of technology to improve productivity and enhance customer experience across the campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in management information systems, computer science or related discipline; Master's Degree and significant project management experience preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the implementation of computer information systems for business applications is essential. Experience in higher education and/or business information systems in a university environment preferred.
- Strong technical and functional knowledge of enterprise information systems (particularly Workday and Salesforce) in support of various business processes required.
- A minimum of 3 years' proven experience managing and mentoring a team of IT professionals in a leadership capacity.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to engender trust, respect and credibility from others.
- Strong interpersonal, team building and communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively with people at varying levels of computer literacy; and the ability to establish collaborative working relationships at all levels of the university is required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to set priorities and work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects; ability to communicate progress/problems to appropriate personnel effectively.
- Creative and strategic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent customer service skills; and a high degree of integrity relative to computer security and confidentiality of information required.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Manager--Enterprise-Systems_R0000187
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency