Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the direction of creative team leadership, work with marketing communication colleagues and campus partners to design solutions for a variety of experiences and platforms including responsive websites, mobile apps, digital signage, email, social media, presentations, online advertising, and some supporting print collateral. The digital designer innovates within brand guidelines to create experiences that engage audiences, while achieving the university's goals to advance recruitment, reputation, research, and philanthropy.
- Develop and execute creative concepts across multiple digital platforms.
- Work with internal partners to deliver projects on time and in line with the brand style.
- Advocate for concepts and ideas from users' perspective among stakeholders.
- Design responsive website elements, landing pages, microsites, and prototypes.
- Design email marketing items, presentation materials, and digital display materials.
- Create graphics and brand assets for university websites and social media campaigns.
- Design logos, icons, and infographics as needed.
- Closely collaborate with marketing technology and digital innovation team to adjust designs to fit technical requirements.
- Participate in collaborative design exchange to brainstorm ideas, share feedback, and create solutions for the greater good.
- Assist in art direction, scheduling, and staging of photography shoots for marketing projects.
- Provide design and assistance for any other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years of experience as visual/digital/web designer.
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, with focus on Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD or Sketch.
- Skills in iconography, infographics, color palette construction, illustration, and photography art direction.
- Ability to self-manage projects, multi-task, and deliver on timelines.
- Creative thought leader and doer with an eye for detail.
- Innovative thinker with passion for learning about latest industry trends, best practices, and tools for developing digital experiences.
- Understanding and experience applying current accessibility standards.
- Applicants will be asked to share an original portfolio of their design work.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Digital-Designer_R0000171
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency