Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Planning & Institutional Research
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- This position supports the short term and long term planning activities of the university by analyzing and providing quantitative data not found in other databases.
- Extract, analyze, and report data from the university's business intelligence system for external data reporting at the state and national levels as well as to respond to ad hoc requests.
- Assist in the collection of data from a variety of sources; documenting and identifying gaps in data flow; organizing, cleaning and cross-checking data for validation purposes.
- Collaborate with operational departments such as Admissions, Registrar, Human Resources, Financial Assistance, etc. to ensure and maintain data integrity.
- Develop queries and provide analyses to deans, department chairs, administrative directors, and other internal constituents to be used for data informed decision-making and planning.
- Maintain existing PIR data files, pivot tables, and website data.
- Compiles and submits state and federally mandated data files and reports.
- Analyze, interpret, and report on data from external data sources including the IPEDS Data Center and National Student Clearinghouse.
- Provides data and analytical support to the University's retention and graduation strategies and initiatives.
- Analyzes and interprets data, both from quantitative and qualitative analyses, using accepted statistical methods and qualitative research methods.
- Identifies trends including institutional strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities through guided and independent research.
- Creates, designs, coordinates, and conducts research and statistical studies.
- Develop customer training materials. Conduct customized and standardized training as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in social science, statistics, education research, business, information systems or another related field.
- Four (4) years' related experience.
- Additional education will be considered as a substitution for the minimum experience requirement to include:
- Master's degree and two (2) years' experience or
- Doctoral degree.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate statistical analyses to a non-technical audience.
- Able to analyze and summarize complex research into reports for non-technical end users.
- Able to write simple and/or complex queries from a SQL database in order to extract, prepare, and analyze data for reports.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Demonstrated initiative and desire for continuous learning through personal or professional development.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to accomplish assigned goals in a timely manner.
- Master's in social science, statistics, education research, business, information systems or another related field.
- Five years' work experience.
- Experience with Oracle and/or Banner.
- Experience with statistical software such as SPSS or SAS.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Knowledge of and experience with university external reporting requirements of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and US Department of Education IPEDS.
- Knowledge of applied statistical analysis.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Senior-Data-Analyst_R-015117
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency