Physiology and Anatomy - 302600
The Department of Physiology and Anatomy is home to researchers with a wide variety of interests and approaches. The Institute is truly integrative as all faculty are engaged in interdisciplinary studies that span molecular, cellular, systems and behavioral sciences, with strong traditions of excellence in the study of cardiovascular, renal and neural-humoral control systems. The research activities of many of our faculty and graduate students involve studies of normal physiology such as exercise and travel to altitude as well as pathophysiological states such as heart failure, hypertension, cardiopulmonary bypass surgery, diabetes, obesity and sleep apnea.
Department research and training activities are supported through multiple federal and non-federal grants and we offer both MS and PhD degrees in a wide range of research areas. The department is highly interactive and maintains an active seminar program related to the interests of department members.
The Physiology and Anatomy Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Research Associate to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Perform experiments.
* Analyze data.
* Prepare results for publication outlined the Program Project Grant.
* Follow instructions with attention to detail and learn new techniques as needed.
* Be coachable.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and Three (3) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Multiple years of prior independent laboratory benchwork experience and knowledge of laboratory machinery and its maintenance.
* Ability to perform in vivo and /or in vitro electrophysiological
* Ability to perform surgery and experiments on anesthetized and conscious mice.
* Familiarity with the use of viral vectors to investigate central neurons
that regulate cardiovascular and respiratory function in normal and
pathophysiological states such as hypertension, hypoxia and obesity.
* Willingness to learn new methodologies, troubleshoot, assist others in the laboratory, and work flexible hours as needed.
* Independent, detail-oriented approach to experimental design and execution.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date