Physics - 122300
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Department of Physics is composed of over 20 faculty, 15 staff, over 100 undergraduate physics majors and 70 graduate physics student who are actively committed to the research and teaching mission of the university. The department's goals include growing the number of physics majors, improving the educational experience of our students, and increasing funded research.
The Physics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to join our team in reaching our goals. The position provides administrative support to the Department Chair on all departmental budget issues and works directly with faculty to develop and manage research funding budgets. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assist in preparing, managing, and monitoring all departmental accounts.
* Consult with the Chair regarding all research administrative responsibilities, fiscal accountability, and faculty external funding support activities.
* Assist faculty in preparing and submitting funding proposal budgets, purchasing and hiring on research accounts, and ensuring compliance with university and funding agency policies.
* Serve as resource coordinator for office and laboratory space, furnishings, and equipment related to the departmental instructional and research activities.
* Provide supervision to other departmental employees involved in finance/purchasing activities and serves as an informed resource to staff and faculty on best practices related to budget and compliance issues.
* Work collaboratively with the departmental staff team, ensuring cross-training and a high level of communication regarding departmental activities.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced written communication skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree with coursework in accounting, finance, business or related field.
* Least two years of experience in assisting researchers in managing federally funded research budgets.
* Financial administration or budget management experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting