Nurse Clinic Manager/UKHC
The KCH DanceBlue Pediatric Hematology Oncology Clinic is seeking a Nurse Clinical Manager to oversee daily clinic flow, provide direct patient care, as well as day to day oversight of nursing staff. In addition, this position will work closely with the team to create, maintain, and implement clinical protocols and procedures to ensure continuity of care.
The Nurse Clinical Manager works closely with the Practice Manager and medical director to operationalize ambulatory clinic issues, nursing directives, scheduling templates, protocols, and staffing models. Direct supervision of clinical RN's, LPN's, and Nurse Navigators.
Ensuring resources are managed appropriately, as well as ensuring quality patient care, are essential job duties for this position. This includes: initiating actions for resolutions, maintaining nursing standards of care and participating in updating policies and procedures related to clinic specialty.
This position will be responsible for ensuring adequate nursing staff and clinical support staff are available to care for patients, work with staff to develop schedules and coverage plans, and serve as a clinical and systems resource for staff. Works closely with Practice Manager, Medical Director and other clinic leadership to ensure enterprise and clinic metrics are being met.
Nurse Clinic Manager/UKHC
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm, may require some holidays
The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to work in a team as well as independently and to be assertive and serve as an advocate for the patient. The ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner with patients and their families, co-workers, and physicians is essential to delivering collaborative care to our patients. It is also necessary to have strong organizational, prioritization, and delegation skills. In addition, the candidate will have basic computer navigation skills and working knowledge of the internet. Leadership, communication, supervision, clinic coordination, management.
Some weekend and holidays required.
Some travel required.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
Prefer nursing experience with both pediatric and adult patients.
Prefer candidates who also have one or more of the following: Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification; Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification; central line care; APHON Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider Recognition, and Certified Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Nursing certification within one year of start.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Do you have experience with healthcare coordination between patients/families, medical providers, and community providers to assist with transitions in care across the care continuum?
- * Do you have nursing experience caring for Pediatric Hematology Oncology patients?
- * Do you have experience with supervision in a healthcare setting?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter