LAFAYETTE COLLEGE Dyer Center
The mission of The Dyer Center is to provide student entrepreneurs with the knowledge and skills necessary to launch and expand business ventures and to invigorate their entrepreneurial spirit with new ideas. The Dyer Center delivers innovative programs and provides experiential learning opportunities to students. The general purpose of the center is to engage students and form a functional ecosystem for education, industry, and community while growing and attracting talented entrepreneurs and innovators.
The successful candidate is expected to develop, deliver, and manage entrepreneurship programming to the campus and community, provide leadership to ensure that The Dyer Center realizes its purpose, and works effectively with faculty and campus staff in recruitment, retention, and instruction.
The position includes mentoring; building interest for and enrollment in the program; and supporting the effort to foster and maintain productive business, education, industry, and economic and community development partnerships.
* Assisting the Director in planning and manage diverse events throughout the year. (i.e. multidisciplinary hackathons, startup company site visits, guest lectures, competitions, workshops)
. Estimate and implement program budgets
. Strategize and outline goals and objectives of the program
. Assign project managers and team members to projects
* Assist in developing and manage initiatives that promote the inclusion of underrepresented populations in innovation and entrepreneurship
* Ability to act independently, take initiative and promote innovation
* Successful experience working in a collaborative, team environment
* High level of organizational ability, including the ability to organize and coordinate a diverse workload with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
* Provide exemplary leadership in an environment that is fast-paced with high expectations;
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Experience in design, social media and promotion materials
* Passion for entrepreneurship
* Previous practical and academic entrepreneurial experiences (e.g., starting businesses, venture capital relationships, etc.)
* University program management and/or startup experience and/or venture capital experience; and
* Demonstrated command of Lean Startup, customer development, and entrepreneurship principles.
Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent
* Business Administration, Social Innovation, Finance, or Related Field.
How to apply
Interested individuals should send a letter of application that relates the applicant’s skills and experiences to the stated qualifications for the position, a resume that reflects notable achievements in education and the contact information for three professional references. Applications should be submitted electronically to: http://apply.interfolio.com/58399
Lafayette College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, age, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law in its educational programs and activities, admissions, or employment as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of sex); the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of disability); Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin); and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which requires that the College not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin); and other applicable laws and College policies.
Lafayette College is committed to creating a diverse community: one that is inclusive and responsive, and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. Lafayette College is an equal opportunity employer.