Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Certified Substance Abuse Specialist
Albion College invites applications for the position of Alcohol and Other Drug Certified Substance Abuse Specialist (CSAS). This is a part-time, 20 hours per week position. Job responsibilities include: assessment and short-term individual and group treatment or referral of Albion students who abuse substances or are at risk. The CSAS will develop effective psychoeducational programs that result in a decrease of students with problematic behaviors in regards to substance use. The CSAS will also participate in (a) the departmental 24 hour on-call emergency rotation, and (b) the delivery of services and programs which strive to foster the over-all development and psychological well-being of Albion College students.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
FLSA Classification: Salaried / Exempt / Professional
Duration: 9 months per year (August 15 – May 15)
- M.A. in Psychology or a Master of Social Work is required
- Certified Alcohol and Other Drug Counselor (CADC) required
- State of Michigan Substance Use Disorder (SUD) licensure (or licensure eligibility)
- Significant experience working with alcohol and substance issues required
- Experience working with diverse populations required; experience working with student populations preferred
- Crisis management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all College constituents
- Interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to provide a high level of customer service
Interested candidates should submit an online application including a cover letter, resume, and three references through Interfolio at https://apply.interfolio.com/58721. Please direct questions to Franklin A. Kelemen, Ph.D., Director for Counseling Services ([email protected]).
A review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.