DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: To conduct assigned classes of instruction in the Automotive Technology Program.
- Maintains instructional quality & effectiveness through constant & timely revision of course elements & syllabi to meet employer's needs, and keep accurate records as assigned.
- Develops recommendations on source content and course offerings in the assigned content areas.
- Assists with new course development, selection & recommendations of appropriate instructional materials & text books
- Develops and teaches classroom and laboratory courses in Automotive Repair Technology.
- Assists in the recruitment & retention of students; assists w/job placement process.
- Serves on various institutional committees and advisory committees as assigned.
- Supervise students working during repair of vehicles in a lab setting as a compliment to other instruction activities.
- Develops positive working relationships with local automotive dealerships and repair facilities.
- Evaluates and advises students regarding their progress in courses and program.
- Identifies needs of those currently employed in the Automotive Service Field and cooperates with the Continuing Education Department to provide needed classes.
SBTCE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate Degree in appropriate major required. Must have a minimum of 3 years work experience in the automotive repair field. A minimum of 3 years work experience in light diesel maintenance preferred. Must have A.S.E. Master Certification A1-A8, A.S.E Certification A9-Diesel Light Maintenance, A.S.E. Certification Advanced Level L1 – Engine Diagnostics, and L3 – Hybrid.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Teaching Experience