Posting Number: R0001810
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Position Summary:The Communications Manager is responsible for strategic communications involving the law school, including writing and editing external communications and marketing materials, developing and deploying content for the College's website and social media, and developing and implementing a marketing strategy that consistently articulates the College of Law's mission. The Communications Manager also oversees production of a broad range of print and electronic materials, including the alumni magazine The Lawyer. The Communications Manager is the primary media contact for the law school and is responsible for coordinating all media inquiries. The Communications Manager assists with the overall strategic initiatives of the University to increase the law school's regional and national visibility and ranking, increase student enrollment, and enhance development and fundraising efforts
- Writes, compiles, and edits content for press releases and/or magazine articles, social media channels, websites, and other externals and internal collateral material including brochures, posters, newsletters, invitations, banners, and video materials.
- Continually evaluates the effectiveness of existing and proposed communications and marketing strategies and vehicles. Establishes defined goals, objectives, and metrics for all activities and monitors progress.
- Develops and creates admission-related materials, in both print and digital formats.
- Works with the University Marketing Communications team to plan, develop, and produce various law school publications, including The Lawyer, thus increasing appreciation for the college among alumni, the greater legal community, and general population.
- Writes timely and compelling news stories about the law school faculty, staff, students, and alumni. These stories should be of interest to a broad range of audiences including prospective and current students, alumni, professors and staff, donors, employers, media, the legal academy, the bench, and the bar.
- Works with campus graphic designers to produce effective publication designs. Works with the campus photographer to capture compelling and attractive photos to accompany the law school's publications and websites.
- Develops professional relationships with state, regional, and national media outlets to assist with the placement of news stories regarding the College of Law, its faculty, alumni, and/or students.
- Creates and develops fundraising and alumni relations materials in collaboration with the law school's Development Director and Alumni Engagement Director.
- Working collaboratively with student organizations and law school offices, writes content and art directs slides for the law school's digital signage. Manages slide traffic.
- Coordinates and provides support for media relations, advertising and editorial calendars, vendor relationships, presentations, special events, and other promotional programs and displays.
- Performs other marketing and communications-related tasks and functions as determined by the Dean, including, but not limited to, composing official letters and email messages, and creating presentations and talking points.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree or relevant experience required.
- Superior writing skills.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal communication skills, and a positive, collegial attitude. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates experience of a content management system, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Applications, Adobe Create Suite or other layout/photo editing software, SEO, advertising platforms (Google, Facebook, etc.), and email marketing tools.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent proofreading skills and familiarity with marketing tactics, analytics, and AP style.
- The successful candidate must be able to meet deadlines, prioritize and coordinate projects, possess great attention to detail, and be self-directed, team-focused, and results-oriented.
- Ability to effectively contribute in a fast-paced, team oriented environment and to positively portray the University and its programs, personnel, and philosophies.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Successful clearance of criminal conviction record check.
- Graduate degree in marketing, communications or other related field, JD, and/or MBA.
- Experience in university marketing/communications.
- Proficiency in one language other than English.
- Experience in legal education and/or the legal profession.
TYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE:
- Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Typical work is performed indoors in a normal office environment.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Communications-Manager_R0001810
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency