This is a part-time 20 hours per week position in the Gates Center for Leadership and Personal Growth. The successful candidate will be the front line presence of the Gates Center providing administrative and logistical support for operations, services and projects managed by the Gates Center.
- Manage all aspects of the Gates Center front desk, including the receipt, relay, and directing of incoming calls, dissemination of incoming mail, welcoming and directing of guests, etc.
- Proactively communicate with colleagues and key stakeholders via phone, email, and in-person to ensure customer satisfaction and enhance the reputation of Lake Forest College and the Gates Center. Direct inquiries of students, faculty, staff and visitors to appropriate areas. Explain policies and procedures to incoming students and staff. Research questions pertaining to policies and procedures.
- Maintain standard operating procedures guide to help all Gates Center staff understand best practices for routine office activities. Seek opportunities to improve office efficiency and effectiveness with feedback from other team members. Order and track inventory of office supplies.
- Maintain files, rosters, and contact lists and office visitor sign-in sheet. Create and compile reports from Jenzabar, My.Involvement, Ad Astra and other institutional databases. Create and maintain electronic forms as needed; Secure services, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Assist with budget management, processing of purchase orders, check requests, cash advances, wire transfers, reimbursements, credit card purchases and credit card reconciliation.
- Secure furniture, supplies and media equipment for Gates Center events. Assist with event set up/tear down.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of meetings/presentations by drafting and distributing agendas and materials, along with taking, transcribing, and distributing minutes.
- Assist with the maintenance of Gates Center’s webpages and social media platforms.
- Assist with the maintenance of Mohr Student Center calendar, bulletin boards and Gates Center’s screens./ Assist with the distribution of printed materials.
- High school diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of office work experience. Relevant experience in higher education is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong focus on customer service; desire to work with students in a college setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Experience with or ability to learn new software products and applications.
- Event coordination or marketing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of content management systems is preferred.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to the Gates Center for Leadership and Personal Growth, attn. Aldo Guzman at [email protected] and include Department Assistant in the subject line. No calls please.
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.