Assistant/Associate Athletic Trainer
Assistant/Associate Athletic Trainer
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Assistant/Associate Athletic Trainer is responsible for all aspects of health care in the athletic environment. This includes prevention of athletic injuries; recognition and evaluation of injuries; management, treatment, and disposition of athletic injuries; rehabilitation of athletic injuries; organization and administration; and education and counseling of athletes, as outlined by the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA). This position must maintain appropriate certifications and Continuing Education Unites (CEUs) as required in the field.
Assistant: General supervision from the Director of Sports Medicine/ Head Athletic Trainer and Associate Athletic Trainer; indirect general supervision from the University team physician.
Associate: General supervision from the Director of Sports Medicine/ Head Athletic Trainer; indirect general supervision from the University team physician.
Assistant: Immediate supervision of part-time staff, athletic training students, and work-study students.
Associate: Assume all duties of the Director of Sports Medicine/Head Athletic Trainer in their absence. General supervision of the Assistant Athletic Trainers; indirect immediate supervision of part-time staff, and athletic training students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
2. Recognition and Evaluation
3. Management and Treatment
5. Organization and Administration
Associate position would have following additional duties:
6. Education and Counseling
7. Additional Responsibilities
1. Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
2. 2-4 years of progressively responsible experience after NATA certification for Assistant Position.
3. 5 years of progressively responsible experience after NATA certification for Associate Position.
4. Experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer covering Football, Baseball, or both preferred.
5. Ability to use specialized equipment below.
6. Certificates, Licenses, and registrations listed below.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
1. Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
2. Basic supervisory skills.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills to interact and work with a broad range of people using tact and diplomacy.
4. Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
5. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information regarding students and employees as
required by University policy, FERPA, HIPAA, and the Buckley Amendment, as amended.
6. Comprehensive working knowledge of all Athletics and Sports Medicine departmental
policies and procedures, as well as understanding and adherence to external governing
agencies’ regulations and requirements.
7. Excellent skills in the use of specific equipment and tools as identified below.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
1. NATA Certification (ATC)
2. American Heart Association’s Healthcare Provider CPR certification
3. AED certification
4. California driver’s license
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
1. Personal computer, various software applications, general office equipment.
2. Use and application of rehabilitation modalities, e.g. whirlpools, hydrocollator, ultrasound,
electrical stimulation, Continuous Passive Motion.
3. Use and application of evaluation tools, e.g. goniometers, thermometers, sphygmanometers,
4. Use and application of rehabilitation equipment, e.g. weights, bicycle, shuttles, physioballs,
proprioception equipment, etc.
5. Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Ability to travel for extended periods of time to athletics events.
• Ability to withstand environmental conditions when working outside.
• Possible exposure to adhesive sprays, bodily fluids, and extremes in temperature or humidity.
• Successful completion of required background checks.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
Note: The position will be hired either at the Assistant or the Associate level depending on the experience of the candidate selected.
Note: This position will be hired as either 11 or 12 month employee
Hours: 40 hours per week; work hours vary
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
To apply, visit http://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/492490/assistantassociate-athletic-trainer
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency