Temporary Building Environmental Services Technician
Temporary Building Environmental Services TechnicianPosition Number::
6088-Temp-StaffFull-time or Part-time::
Temporary PoolsPosting Number::
$9.00 - $10.00/hourMinimum salary::
$10.00/hourOverall Position Competency::
TMPDescription of primary duties and responsibilities::
Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The Rudolph Jones Student Center (RJSC), is a department within the Division of Student Affairs. The mission of the department is to serve as the hub of campus life at Fayetteville State University and to enhance the collegiate experience for students by providing a venue for learning, entertainment, social interaction and opportunities for self-development. In addition to creating continuing educational and developmental opportunities for FSU students through student employment, the RJSC also houses programs and services that foster the development of an inclusive and diverse campus community. The RJSC provides a secure and accessible physical environment for meetings, conferences, workshops, and development.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Student Center Building Environmental Service Technician is primarily responsible for cleaning, maintaining and servicing the Student Center, its lobby, lounges, officers, elevator, steps, corridors, meeting rooms, caterer kitchen, patio, amphitheater, adjacent grounds and from time to time, other facilities that the Division of Student Affairs may sponsor an activity and/or event in. The scope of the services provided by the Building Environmental Technician include:
• Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets, meetings, conferences, workshops and etc.
• Monitoring activity in/around the Student Center and reporting any discrepancies to the proper authority(ies)
• Making minor repairs to the building systems and equipment
• Cleaning building floors and carpet by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, waxing, vacuuming and shampooing
• Gather and empty trash
• Service, clean and supply restrooms;
• Clean, polish and shampoo the facility furniture and fixtures
• Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees
• Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment
• Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications
• Drive vehicles required to perform work assignment to include car, van or truck
• Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
• Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created
• Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks
• Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems
• Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
Work is guided by daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly schedule for general assignments and specific written and verbal instructions. Work is reviewed through inspection and frequent consultation with the individual supervisor. The student center is open seven days per week. This position will work Monday thru Friday mornings, for approximately 29 hours per week. There may be times when 40 hours per week is required but employee will be notified in advance.Minimum Education and Experience Requirements::
Some knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Open Until Filled::
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.