Program Coordinator, OPEIR
Program Coordinator, Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Institutional Research – Requisition # 18000001TU
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga seeks to fulfill a full-time position for a Program Coordinator. This 12-month professional position is based in the Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Institutional Research (OPEIR).
Duties are as listed below.
The Program Coordinator is a new position OPEIR created to support new academic program proposals, substantive change, and post approval monitoring functions of the University. The Coordinator will assist programs and departments in planning for new academic programs adhering to requirements outlined by the University of Tennessee System (UT), Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The Coordinator will conduct needs assessment and job market analyses, demonstrate career growth, research similar academic programs, and provide summarized information in a logical and contextual manner for enhanced understanding. The Coordinator will proofread and edit proposals to ensure they follow UT, THEC, and SACSCOC standards for accuracy and quality writing, and will support the execution and preparation of multiple proposals simultaneously. If required, the incumbent will also prepare and submit substantive change proposal to SACSCOC on behalf of the program or department. In addition to new programs, the position will be responsible for completing and submitting post approval monitoring reports. This position serves as a liaison between faculty, staff, other departments, and external constituencies on day-to-day, programmatic, operational, and administrative issues; facilitates meetings, special projects, and problem resolution. Further, the candidate collects and analyzes data; prepares scheduled and special reports; maintains program/project records and statistical information. The Coordinator works collaboratively with other members of the Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Institutional Research team to advance the strategic use of data throughout the institution to improve the efficacy of practices that impact student success and responsibilities may vary as needs change over time. May participate in appropriate UTC committees, task forces, and professional associations as appropriate.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required; preferably in Social Science, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in higher education team environments with specific documented experience in program coordination, institutional/market research, program planning, assessment, and/or evaluation.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project management, PMP highly encouraged.
- Minimum 2 year’s technical writing experience in higher education or other similar field.
- Experience conducting labor market analysis, needs assessment, gap analysis or other similar analyses.
- Experience in qualitative data research methods and analysis.
- Experience working with THEC, SACSCOC, or other accreditation organization.
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures.
- Experience using MS Office products, including MS Power BI.
- Experience using survey software, such as Qualtrics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to function well in a team-oriented environment.
- Exemplar interpersonal and organizational skills, and intermediate/advanced computer skills required.
- Proven aptitude for learning new skills and software applications.
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, and administrators at various levels within the organization to determine the right data to answer pertinent questions.
- This person must be detail-oriented, yet flexible, with the ability to manage multiple high-level ad hoc priorities, as well as routine projects throughout the year.
Applications must be submitted electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000001TU
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.