Assistant Professor of Physical Education / Assistant Football Coach (Dec. 2018)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coaching a position group and administrative duties such as coordinating/planning practices, video analysis and instruction
- Recruiting a region- including travel as approved to assigned recruiting area. A commitment to attract high caliber student-athletes to a top NCAA Division III Liberal Arts University in compliance with all NCAA, ODAC, and University policies
- Assisting in coordination and execution of team travel
- Teaching in our required physical education program
- A second administrative duty as assigned by AD
- And all other duties as assigned by Head Coach and Athletic Director
- Bachelor's degree; Masters preferred.
- 3-5 years coaching experience or a combination of collegiate playing experience and coaching experience from which a similar skill set would be obtained
- Recruiting experience
- Competencies in use of the full Adobe Suite
- Competencies in video software including use of Hudl
- CSCS strength and condition certification
Washington and Lee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, we are interested in candidates who are committed to high standards of scholarship, performance and professionalism and to the development of a campus climate that supports equality and diversity in our faculty, staff and student body. Job description requirements are representative, but not all‐inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and abilities needed to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
Washington and Lee affirms that diverse perspectives and backgrounds enhance our community. We are committed to the recruitment, enrichment, and retention of students, faculty, and staff who embody many experiences, cultures, points of view, interests, and identities. As engaged citizens in a global and diverse society, we seek to advance a positive learning and working environment for all through open and substantive dialogue.