The KY Clinic Pharmacy is currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician to assist pharmacists in medicine preparation and distribution for future discharge or retail pharmacy sites operating under University of KY Pharmacy Services. This position fills prescriptions in a busy retail-based setting. This position will require proper cash handling procedures and cash register operation for patient prescriptions, as well as interacting with pharmacy customers, handling patient telephone requests, communicating effectively with patients at prescription pick up, and responding to patient questions via email correspondence.
Pharmacy Technician/UKHC - KY Clinic Pharmacy
H5000: CHANDLER - RETAIL PHARMACY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements for this position may include standing for greater than five hours at a time and possibly walking several miles per day, as well as the ability to reach items above shoulder-level and lift items weighing up to 25 lbs.
KY Clinic Pharmacy hours of operation are: Monday through Friday, 7:30am-9:00pm; and Saturday/Sunday, 9:00am-5:00pm. Currently, this position reports primarily for day shifts, 7:15am-5:15pm, with the exception of weekend rotation shifts which are currently rotated every 5th weekend. Schedule/hours may change in order to accommodate staffing needs during operating hours of the pharmacy; some holidays may be required depending upon pharmacy location's holiday schedule.
This position requires dependability and the ability to prioritize; the successful candidate must be reliable and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
At least one year of previous work experience (preferably in a related field). Prefer previous pharmacy tech experience or work/classes in medical field. Hired candidate must maintain certification as CPhT from PTCB/ExCPT during employment in this position.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold a National Pharmacy Technician Certification from either PTCB or ExCPT?
- * Are you currently registered with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician?
- * Please indicate the amount of paid pharmacy technician experience you have working in either an inpatient hospital and/or retail pharmacy setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please provide an example of a time that you have provided excellent customer service to a patient.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell me about your background and how it would assist with this position. Also tell me why you consider yourself the best candidate
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- * Are you available to work full-time during the posted hours?
- Cover Letter