COORDINATOR FOR STUDENT ATHLETE SERVICES
COORDINATOR FOR STUDENT ATHLETE SERVICES
Posting Number: SRGV3679
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
Coordinate and facilitate student-athlete personal, social, career and leadership enhancement initiatives through the implementation of leadership and career development, mentorship, campus and community outreach, alumni engagement, and student-athlete experience programming.
Description of Duties:
• Develops and implements student-athlete leadership and mentorship initiatives and opportunities for the department of intercollegiate athletics.
• Establishes and cultivates relationships with campus, alumni, and community constituents to develop collaborative personal and professional development programming opportunities for student-athletes.
• Collaborates with the office of career services to develop personal and professional development education, programming, and networking opportunities for student-athletes.
• Assists with development and coordination of personal enhancement and diversity and inclusion education and programming for the department of intercollegiate athletics.
• Liaison to the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
• Manages and coordinates student-athlete experience events including but not limited to: student-athlete orientation, first year experience course, speaker series, senior ceremony, end of the year banquet and other awards programs.
• Responsible for developing and coordinating comprehensive community engagement opportunities and tracking campus and community engagement hours and impact.
• Develops and implements international student-athlete support programming.
• Collaborates with assistant athletic director for community relations to coordinate alumni engagement and networking initiatives to connect current and former student-athletes to assist with transition and engagement post-graduation.
• Assists with the development and monitoring of athletics academic support unit social media content and digital media platforms.
• Represent the department of intercollegiate athletics at student-athlete leadership and development conferences.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from Associate Athletic Director for Academic Services.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university.
Master’s degree, or Master’s level coursework, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Two (2) years of experience in student services or a related field to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Knowledge of relevant NCAA guidelines pertaining to the eligibility of student-athletes. Experience with addressing the unique demands and needs of student-athletes.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds from floor to waist. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Excellent written and communication skills, and ability to interact with a variety of people. Ability to work under pressure while coordinating multiple projects. Ability to establish relationships and interact collaboratively and effectively with students, colleagues and campus partners from other schools/colleges and community stakeholders. Understanding of FERPA confidentiality practices and ability to be sensitive to the educational needs of a variety of students. Excellent accuracy, organizational, and self-management skills while working in a fast-paced environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, flexibility and ability to provide good customer service to student-athletes. Understanding of relevant NCAA guidelines pertaining to the eligibility of student-athletes.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 12/10/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19912
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency