Editorial Operations Specialist
Editorial Operations Specialist
Job Number: 81441
Job Code: 2392 Grade: H Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and taking care of what needs to be done. You have the courage to ask questions, share new ideas, and try new ways of working. You value making an impact by helping others become more effective at their jobs. And you thrive on collaborating with others and bringing together diverse viewpoints to make processes better and to achieve our business goals.
As editorial operations specialist, your goal is to provide support to the marketing & communications content team, manage operational tasks for Stanford Business magazine, and contribute to effective channel operations and production. It's a multifaceted job — and a rewarding experience filled with learning opportunities.
Manage activities of assigned projects from initiation through completion with limited guidance; coordinate all activities on assigned projects. Work is typically comprised of 30% time contribution towards project leadership and 70% as a contributor.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Review project plans and proposals, and work with the magazine editor to manage magazine production; identify project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project; calculate time frames and sequence the stages of the project.
- Coordinate a special project to redesign the magazine under the direction of the magazine editor.
- Oversee, coordinate, and perform recurring magazine-publishing tasks such as organizing photo shoots; overseeing ad production and placement; acquiring internal and external distribution lists; coordinating printing, shipping, and mailing; uploading digital versions of magazine to website; overseeing magazine's email inbox; helping to proofread each issue.
- Perform project management oversight of other content-related projects as needed in partnership with other marketing & communications staff.
- Coordinate and facilitate invoicing and payment of content-creation vendors, including freelance writers, artists and illustrators, proofreaders, and printers.
- Ensure the preparation of required project documentation.
- Contribute to communication plans and change management efforts.
- Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and two years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Polished written and oral communication skills to address a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to productively contribute to cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge in digital publishing and production.
- Experience in magazine publishing preferred.
- Demonstrated project management ability.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
Location: Graduate School of Business, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency