Pulmonary- Asst Professor of Clinical
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-12-03
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
The Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine (PCCSM) is actively recruiting for a Pulmonary and Critical Care faculty position. to join the University of Miami (UM) and the Miller School of Medicine (MSOM) at the Department of Medicine (DOM). The PCCSM division is seeking an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine to provide clinical services in our outpatient services and inpatient services within all of our service lines.
We are committed to excellent patient care, research productivity, and medical education. A board certified/board eligible pulmonary/critical care physician would have the unique opportunity to join a dynamic practice that incorporates both advanced pulmonary disease management and Critical Care medicine.
Pulmonary and Critical Care related responsibilities include the evaluation, management, staging, and treatment of Acute/Chronic Diseases, Perioperative Management, Testing and Diagnosis, Interventional Pulmonology, and ultimately, End-of-Life Care. Advanced lung disease management involves the longitudinal care of pulmonary hypertension, cystic fibrosis, interstitial lung disease, COPD, and other management of diseases such as sarcoidosis. The practice affords the opportunity to conduct clinical research and provide medical education to residents as well as Pulmonary/Critical Care fellows. Clinical experience in Pulmonary and Critical Care is highly desirable.Primary Duties and Responsibilities (For-exempt Employees Include Percent of Effort):
- Determines which referrals are required based on examination and patient’s needs.
- Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments
- Exercises final medial judgment in all issues of healthcare.
- Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients
- Orders studies, test and ancillary services in patient medical records.
- Documents all services in patient medical records
- Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention.
- Consults with Medical Director and other professional on staff as needed regarding patient care programs established by the hospital or clinic requirements.
- Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing clinical staff.
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, request and inquiries from patients.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatments
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
- Performs in tactful and professional manner.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Physician Degree.
- Florida Medical license required.
- ABIM Board Certified in Pulmonary and/or Critical Care
Applicants must apply online.The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.