Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is searching for staff members to contribute their talents to our campus community. W&J seeks to create a transformative learning experience for its increasingly diverse student body, and bolster an inclusive environment in which everyone's voice is heard and appreciated, and individuality is celebrated. W&J is dedicated to the values of a liberal arts education that is both liberating and practical, and supports a community committed to multicultural and global understanding.
The Controller is responsible for assuring that College funds are received, expended, and/or invested in accordance with college policies and federal and state regulations; student billings, financial and cash budgeting, preparation of financial statements; and supervision of accounting staff.
- Oversees all fiscal and accounting operations in accordance with sound business principles and practices.
- Oversees invoicing of students and other parties for amounts due to College as well as the collection and deposit of funds.
- Supervises maintenance of accounting records and preparation of College financial statements.
- Analyzes and transmits gifts to the custodian of the College's endowment funds.
- Provides accounting for endowment funds and reconciliation to custodian.
- Provides accounting for plant funds.
- Prepares monthly internal financial statements.
- Calculates quarterly payments made to recipients of contractual payments.
- Acts as liaison to auditors.
- Prepares schedules for year-end closing and annual audit.
- Review College's annual tax returns (Form 990 and 990T).
- Supervision of accounts payable staff, staff accountant, and payroll.
- Additional job related duties as required by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five years experience in finance or accounting in higher education or non- profit environment.
- Two years supervisory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
Apply for this job at https://washjeff.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee's total compensation package.
Getting to Know W&J
Washington & Jefferson College is the best of both worlds: a small-town college setting in historic Washington, Pa., with easy access to the bustling business and cultural districts of nearby Pittsburgh, Pa. just 30 miles to the north. Founded in 1781, W&J College is a private, residential liberal arts college that is focused on student success. Our dedicated, experienced professors are passionate about teaching and work closely with our students to ensure that they receive a quality, comprehensive education. For more than 200 years, our alumni have influenced change in business, politics, medicine, and the arts and sciences as CEOs, lawyers, doctors, researchers, writers, teachers, and in many other equally worthy professions.
Washington & Jefferson College welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs who wish to participate in a diverse educational community. The College strives to be a place where all students, faculty, administrators and employees are able to live, study and work in an atmosphere free from bias and harassment. The College encourages civil debate and lively exchange of ideas in the belief that such exchanges promote understanding that will grow beyond simple tolerance of difference to embracing and celebrating the richness of diversity. Our graduates acquire knowledge and learn skills that help them thrive in a culturally diverse world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.