Capstone Project Engineer Lecturer - College of Engineering
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-08-29
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
Capstone Project Engineer in the College of Engineering
College of Engineering at the University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL
The College of Engineering of the University of Miami (UM in Coral Gables, FL) invites applications for a Capstone Project Engineer (CPE) lecturer in the College of Engineering.
The Capstone Project Engineer (CPE) assists in the carrying out of a senior-level capstone course, whereby the CPE coordinates a typically 9-month (i.e., 2-semester), credit-earning project by managing the interface of an assigned faculty member, an industry subject matter expert, and up to 15 students, partitioned into up to 3 working groups. For each project, the CPE will devote up to 50% of his/her time and will report to the faculty member in charge; as a consequence, each full-time CPE can be responsible for at least 2 such projects at a time.Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist faculty member in the academic management of the students.
- Assist subject matter expert in the scheduling of meetings with the student groups.
- Advise students in the conduct of their capstone project, as needed and required.
- Prepare meeting minutes for the project, including assignments and schedules.
- Maintain project documents and deliverables, as specified by faculty member.
- Maintain project safety and quality control.
- Monitor and insure timely development and delivery of project materials. Job Skills & Abilities
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Proficient time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient project management and meeting management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent data analysis and computing skills.
- Dependable professional with a lead-by-example focus.
- Perform other assigned duties as deemed necessary by the project faculty member.
- A team player who is collaborative, cross-trained and customer-centric.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering plus 4 Years Industry Experience.
- Or Master’s Degree in engineering plus 2 Years Industry Experience.
Initial screening of applications will begin immediately, with hire expected to start January of 2019. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications including curriculum vitae, and the names of three persons who may be asked for letters of reference; these items should be uploaded here.The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.