Associate Dean for Extension and Outreach
The College of Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) and UGA Extension seeks a nationally recognized leader in university outreach, extension and related scholarly endeavors to serve as Associate Dean for Extension and Outreach with rank of Professor with tenure. The position is 12-months and begins July 1, 2019 or as negotiated. Allocation of effort is 75% public service and outreach and 25% applied research.
SUMMARY OF EXPECTATIONS
• Inspires an expansive vision for a world-class Extension and outreach program of FACS within a leading land-grant university.
• Builds relationships and represents the Dean and Department Heads through various leadership and program development groups, working closely with administrators in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, UGA Extension, Office of the Vice President of Public Service and Outreach and other colleges and units for the successful application of research base of the university to priority needs of the state.
• Fosters integrated research and outreach approaches to program development and evaluation by providing strong and effective leadership of ten FACS Extension Specialists and additional public service and research faculty at UGA and other affiliated institutions.
• Leads through the Georgia Clinical Translational Science Alliance (CTSA) community engaged research committee to address health and wellness needs, particularly in rural and underserved populations by strengthening existing and expanding new research collaborations and by enriching interprofessional education to include personnel from FACS, pharmacy and other disciplines so that they can learn how to work together as a team to discover new approaches and treatments that improve health outcomes.
• Facilitates the continuation and expansion of FACS Extension’s national leadership in innovative outreach programs, applied research and resource acquisition.
• Engages regionally and nationally with state leaders and land-grant university colleagues to establish an agenda of planned activities leading to stable and improved funding and commitment to excellence in family and consumer sciences.
• Assures UGA Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) achieves its mission of providing Georgia’s residents, businesses and communities access to quality outreach educational experiences and the institutions’ research knowledge base needed to facilitate their success in all programs relevant to the offerings of Family and Consumer Sciences.
This position reports to the Dean of the College of FACS. The Associate Dean is a member of the college’s administrative cabinet and executive committee, as well as the administrative leadership team of UGA Extension in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and is responsible for over-seeing the manifestation of FACS Extension and Outreach mission.