Office Coordinator I
Elgin Community College
Office Coordinator I
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Coordinate the operations of the department while creating a welcoming environment to community members and students by listening to their needs and concerns, explaining the different grant programs, and referring to the appropriate program coordinator, workshop, and credit or non-credit program.
Provide direct administrative support to the Dean of Workforce Development & Continuing Education and Continuing Education including; monitoring budgets, accounting functions, WIOA programming, and marketing.
Provide direct administrative support to the program coordinators for Unemployment Services, ICAPS, and the Cook and Kane County Youth Programs by understanding and following all five separate grant requirements to receive proper reimbursement.
1. Provide a welcoming and knowledgeable environment to visitors of the department.
2. Provide direct administrative assistance to the Dean and Program Coordinators.
3. Coordinate the budget process for the office: Oversee all department budgets, run reports, track expenditures, reconcile budget entries and oversee financial processing for the office.
4. Monitor all grant budgets.
5. Perform employment verification and Work Experience Time Tracking.
6. Coordinate department marketing activities for Workforce Development and Continuing Education.
7. Responsible for the inventory and distribution of text books for the ICAPS program.
8. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
1. Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Minimum of four years executive administrative experience supporting multiple individuals.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
4. Experience utilizing a budget, understanding of the fundamentals of bookkeeping and creation of purchase requests.
5. Working knowledge of HR practices used to verify employment and payroll time keeping to meet the requirements for grant work experience participants.
6. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
7. Possess the skills to maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
8. Previous experience working with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at:
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.