Regional Account Executive
Prodigy Finance - who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$500 million through the platform to fund over 12,000 students from over 130 countries.
Our team of over 160 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for an experienced Sales/Relationship Management professional who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast growing company.
The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to build a product which makes a very real difference in the world. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses; make it possible for students from more than 130 countries to obtain the finance to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools.
We are a small non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have a huge influence on scaling the company.
Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with the broader business on a regular basis. The position will be based in New York and London.
One of our goals is to build one of the top FinTech teams and cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential and creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you're learning from some of the best brains in FinTech, this would be a good fit.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding – exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions and partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed FinTech startup, backed by top VCs, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
What you will do in the role
You will join our international Business Development (BD) team, where you will play a lead role in delivering a phenomenal product and customer experience for some of the best student bodies in the world. You will build long term relationships with leading tertiary institutions and make a lasting impression on global talent mobility.
Responsibilities will include:
- Promoting Prodigy Finance as a subject matter expert in international education, leveraging data to drive brand awareness across higher education stakeholders
- Building sustainable partnerships with top universities within your geographic region.
- Staying agile, tailoring the proposition to meet the needs of the universities and deliver indispensable
- Implementing scaleable solutions to optimize day-to-day operations with partner universities
- Leading all communication, problem solving and marketing initiatives with academic leadership, admissions and financial aid teams. Where suitable, spark engage endowment teams and alumni relations at universities
- Evangelising and marketing the Prodigy Finance opportunity to deepen administration relationships through steady engagement (digital and offline), campaigns and reporting
- Monitoring funding and application trends across universities, disciplines and regions. Identify opportunities and differentiate Prodigy Finance from other lenders
- Evolving the product and proposition, by collecting feedback and ideas to improve internal processes and client relationships within the BD function
What you will be measured on
- Growing the number of top tier institutional relationships through effective partnership management
- Expansion of institutional awareness
- Quantity and quality of institutional programming and campaigns
- Quality of school relationships based on an established relationship metrics
- Growth of student awareness through application volume
What you need to be great at
- Structured, highly organised, able to multi-task and project manage; can correctly prioritise multiple issues.
- Able to remain calm and collected under pressure
- Thriving in uncertainty and creating structure High EQ; can read people, excellent listening skills, patience, motivation to understand the needs and wants of others, concerned with helping others to achieve their goals
- Optimistic, positive outlook, and energetic.
- Enjoy building rapport and trust, can foster a sense of open communication
- An aptitude for long-term relationship and partnership building
- Strong attention to detail and analytical thinking ability
- Bias to action; create ideas, think outside the box, solve problems and find solutions, be proactive, use initiative to develop and improve
- Global citizen; interested in working with multiple cultures, thirst for learning about philosophies, social behaviours and education systems of other nationalities and countries
- Start-up DNA; Resilient, gets things done, 80/20, carpe diem, adaptable to change, huge capacity for hard work in a relentlessly fast paced environment
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- Bachelor Degree qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrable interest and passion for higher education
- Experience as an Account Executive or Relationship Manager, preferable higher educational services, consulting, technology or in a relevant start-up
- Track record of delivering a product or service in a customer-led environment; delight the customer, deliver high standards of customer care and excellent customer service
- Willingness to travel
- Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- Understanding of loan products; gained through personal experience of getting a loan or within a professional environment
- Start-up experience. Sometimes the earth moves beneath your feet at Prodigy Finance so you've got to be comfortable with ambiguity, able to wear lots of hats, and adapt easily as you set up processes and frameworks for us to grow into. If you haven’t worked in a start-up before, you need to show us that you have a real desire and potential to be successful in a young, high-growth, non-corporate company Have a Masters degree from one of the schools we work with
The Prodigy Finance fit; attributes which run true in everyone at Team Prodigy
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess – in spades - the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
International + Accountable
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others across the world, be resilient, add value and then hold yourself accountable. Encourage and celebrate each other.
Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy and fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard and find the time to play. We’re in this together.
Do you want to be our next Regional Account Executive?
Here’s what to do now:
If this sounds exciting and you'd like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Prodigy Finance.