Director of Admissions
Job Title: Director of Admissions
Reports To: Dean of Admissions
Status: Full time
The Director is responsible for the development and implementation of a sophisticated strategic enrollment management plan that meets targeted enrollment goals and attracts an exemplary, diverse student body that enhances the reputation of the College.
Experienced and data-driven in approach, the Director will work closely with the Dean Admissions, faculty program directors, and College leadership to establish admissions priorities and to develop processes to achieve established goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Dean of Admissions, develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment/marketing strategy for admission
- Responsible for the oversight of achieving enrollment goals for the undergraduate and graduate programs
- Maintain operational calendar that allocates staff appropriately for a high volume office and that ensures good customer service
- Oversee hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of admission staff
- Assist with the management of the admission budget and monitor expenditures to ensure fiscal responsibility and adherence to College policy
- Serve as the primary link to faculty and administrative offices on matters of admission policy and procedures
- Reviews undergraduate applicant files and assumes responsibility for making admission decisions
- Work with the Marketing Office to develop and schedule all admissions publications
- Manage the inquiry pool to include telephone, print and electronic communication plans
- Possess knowledge of admission information technology, including prospect management, student information systems, and report generation tools
- Ensure the effective use of the College digital systems, such as Slate and Jenzabar Student Information System (SIS)
- Oversee the coordination of all on campus events and daily campus visitation programs
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred, with 4-7 years' experience in undergraduate or graduate school admissions.
- Prior supervisory experience; ability to build and manage a team
- Proven track record of achieving enrollment objectives in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to developing an inclusive and diverse student population.
- A strategic thinker who understands the nuances of admissions and financial aid to achieve success.
- Demonstrated data analytic experience to inform strategic and tactical plans for enrollment management.
- Superior presentation skills, including the presence to engage effectively with potential students and families, academic leaders, faculty, senior administrators and executives, alumni, etc.
- A communication style that is open, warm, and compelling.