Human Resources Consultant/Training Specialist
The human resources Consultant/Training Specialist serves as the primary HR partner for university performing a variety of professional-level HR duties. These duties will include providing consultation to leadership and staff within assigned units on all HR matters, a focus on professional & development and training and perform a variety of professional-level HR duties.
- Responsible for and assists with training needs assessment, with a focus on content design and development, delivery, logistics, coordination of training programs and coordinating training efforts with University partners.
- Manages, evaluates and improves the New Employee Orientation including onboarding programs and the 90 day evaluation process.
- Responsible for the implementation and continuation of compliance training across the University.
- Responsible for the University’s online performance management system including system administration and annual launch and management of the staff online performance management system.
- The HR Consultant in a measured role, is responsible for providing consultation to leadership and staff within assigned units to advance the University's goal to attract, develop and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce. Consultation will be provided in the areas of employee relations, training and organizational development, leave administration, performance management, compensation, onboarding and exit procedures, recruitment/retention, diversity and affirmative action and more. General benefits related consultation is also expected with referral to an appropriate specialist in the subject area as necessary.
- Assist with the online performance management system administration.
- Participates and assists in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides day-to-day assistance on HR-related matters with the human resources office and to university departments including policy interpretation and construction.
Performs HR generalist duties including turnover analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or other relevant field and 3-5 years of progressively responsible HR experience required (or other combination of education and experience that would provide an equivalent background). Master’s degree and/or HR certification preferred.
- Demonstrated 3-5 years’ experience with professional development and training programming, development and delivery required.
- Demonstrated experience with technology and systems related to HR processes including a learning management system and performance management system required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of relevant HR disciplines required. Experience in higher education environment a plus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills required. Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail are critical, along with service orientation and process improvement mindset. Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Advanced ability with HR-related tools and technology, as well as general office technology, required. Familiarity with PeopleSoft.
For full consideration please include a cover letter describing your interest in the position.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.