Solution Center Specialist (multiple positions)
Job no: 495782
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Solution Center
Salary: Salary commensurate w/ experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Oct 10 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Solution Center Specialist position will provide student focused support in a fast-paced environment. This position will be responsible for answering questions, facilitating transactions, processing paperwork, and tracking student inquiries in the areas of Financial Aid, Registrar and Student Financial Services.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years professional higher education experience. **However, will consider candidates with a HS Diploma or GED/equivalent and 7-10 years directly-related experience higher education experience
- Effective oral, written, listening and communication skills
- Familiarity with computers and competency in navigating and performing data entry in a Windows environment
- Mathematical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Ability to interpret and communicate university, state and federal policies as they relate to financial aid, registration and billing functions
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make independent decision
- Experience with student relational database system preferred
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.0 experience preferred
- Preference given to those with experience in one of the following three areas: Financial Aid, Registrar or Student Billing
- Consideration will be given to those with a Master's Degree and 1-2 years of related higher education experience in a professional capacity
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.