Assistant Professional Track in Bilingual Education
San Antonio TAMUSA
Assistant Professional Track in Bilingual Education
Texas A&M University - San Antonio
Department Of Educator & Leadership Preparation
Proposed Minimum Salary
San Antonio, Texas
The Department of Educator and Leadership Preparation seeks innovative and engaging applicants for a full-time, non-tenure track appointment for an Assistant Professional Track Faculty of Bilingual Education and ESL. The Bilingual program reflects an active faculty devoted to teaching, service, scholarship, and professional development. The successful candidate will assist students in the development of state teacher competencies necessary for Texas Teacher Certification in Bilingual Education. In addition to teaching, the successful candidate will assess, place students in bilingual and dual language programs, tutor, advise/mentor students, serve on departmental and College committees and work with current faculty to build department level strategic plans and processes, and support the culturally and linguistically diverse populations served by the University; and maintain professional development through engagement, interaction, and relevant activities. Candidates will be expected to work in collaboration with other colleagues in the Educator and Leadership Preparation and community partners. The successful candidate will provide academic Spanish instruction with proficiency. In the Bilingual Education program, this candidate will instruct in Bilingual Education and ESL undergraduate and graduate courses. Work hours vary with schedule.
The successful candidate will:
* Demonstrate two or more years of experience teaching at the college/university level.
* Demonstrate experience teaching via different formats (e.g. Face to Face, Hybrid, Online)
* Demonstrate biliteracy in Spanish and English
* Teach graduate and undergraduate classes in the Bilingual Program
* Fulfill service responsibilities to the Department of Department of Educator and Leadership Preparation and the University;
* Maintain professional development through engagement, interaction, and relevant activities;
* Work in collaboration with other colleagues in the Department of Department of Educator and Leadership Preparation and community partners,
* Demonstrate proficiency in technology, and
* Support students in preparation for Texas state certification in Bilingual Education (TExES Exam).
Review of applicants will begin immediately.
For review of applications, applicants may submit unofficial transcripts to the Search Committee Chair. Prior to issuing a letter of appointment, three original letters of recommendation less than one-year-old and bearing the writer's actual signature, as well as official transcripts sent directly from each degree-granting institution to the Department of Educator and Leadership Preparation.
Please send materials to:
Search Committee Chair - Bilingual Education c/o Ana Hernandez Texas A&M University-San Antonio Department of Educator and Leadership Preparation
One University Way San Antonio, TX 78224
E-mail: [email protected] (E-scripts and E-recommendations will be considered if emailed directly to [email protected])
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts
translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
- An earned Doctorate Degree in Bilingual Education or closely related field
- 18 graduate hours in each field(s) in which candidate will teach.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Evidence of teaching, service, and professional development potential/productivity.
- Biliteracy in Spanish and English
- Teaching experience in higher education including advising and supervising undergraduate and graduate students.
- Documented proficiency in Advanced Spanish as demonstrated through graduate coursework and/or a record of teaching in Spanish in a higher education setting
- Familiarity in teaching Spanish language foundational courses
- Familiarity in teaching Pedagogical Bilingual/ESL content knowledge
- Flexible and adapts well to schedules and the job demands (i.e. daytime, evening, whole group and small group tutoring).
- Proficiency in technology and applications
FACULTY Application Process:
Applications are only accepted through the online job portal at: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMUSA_External
Applicants must complete the online application by either downloading your resume to auto-populate the application, or manually complete the application fields.
IMPORTANT: Your application is not complete unless you upload the following:
1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum Vitae
3) Teaching Philosophy Statement written in Spanish
4) Name and contact information of at least three references (can be part of your cover letter)
You will upload these documents on the MY EXPERIENCE tab. Use the UPLOAD prompt button for each required document.
Please ensure that all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. Once the application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made.
In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.