Working Title: Laboratory Specialist
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: School of Medicine, SOM Core Facilities
Posting Date: 10-09-2018
The Advanced Microscopy Facility ("AMF") at the University of Virginia, School of Medicine, Core Facilities, in Charlottesville, VA, seeks a Laboratory Specialist to support the overall technical and administrative activities of this core laboratory. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual, who can work well independently and as part of team. The AMF provides support for biomedical research, basic science, and training for multiple departments at UVA. The AMF provides researchers with access to state of the art instrumentation. The AMF also provides consultation in experimental design, instrument training and technical support.
The successful candidate, under the guidance of the Director, Dr. Stacey Criswell, will be involved in the processing of (primarily) biological samples for observation in an electron microscope. This individual will also be responsible for ordering of all supplies and general laboratory organization.
This position is restricted and is contingent upon the continuation of funding.
This position will remain open to applications until filled.
To apply for this position, please visit https://jobs.virginia.edu and search on posting # 0624249 or visit: https://jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85744. Complete an Application online, attach a cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three references.
For information related to this posting, please contact Dr. Stacey Criswell, at [email protected] For information related to the application process please contact Christopher Tuck, at [email protected] or 434-982-6565.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1) Knowledge of and ability to execute routine laboratory procedures (including sterile technique , pipetting, etc.).
2) Ability to accurately prepare solutions and reagents.
3) Ability to follow set policies and procedures and adhere to regulatory guidelines in daily work.
4) Ability to work accurately and independently with attention to detail.
5) Ability to analyze and organize work procedures.
6) Ability to plan and execute tasks or experiments in a timely manner.
7) Ability to work effectively as a team member as well as independently to complete projects.
8) Strong organizational and time management skills are a must.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85744