Clinical Research Intermediate, Non-Licensed
Working Title: Clinical Research Intermediate, Non-Licensed
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Cancer Center
Posting Date: 12-08-2018
Opportunities for cancer patients to enroll in clinical trials within the Cancer Center, at the University of Virginia School of Medicine, are increasing. In order to meet the needs of our patients, the Cancer Center is looking for several Clinical Research Intermediate, Non-licensed, coordinators to assist with the coordination and management of clinical trials in cancer. This position may serve as a CRC for various oncology study teams; working with principal investigators within the Cancer Center.
The incumbent works with the Principal Investigator, human subjects, IRB, University and the company and/or government sponsor to ensure smooth, accurate progress of clinical trials from the planning stage through trial completion and post-study closure. Duties include budget preparation and support of financial accountability, coordination of subject recruitment and consent, supervision of the scheduling of study procedures and research visits, and collection of study data. Position, in keeping with licensure, collects specimens and monitors subjects, provides quality assurance and regulatory maintenance for studies, and may assist in the reporting of test results.
Successful Candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree. A minimum of four years of clinical research experience is required. Graduate degree may substitute for two years of experience.
Certification as a Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and/or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) is preferred and is required within one year of eligibility.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
This position will remain open to applications until filled.
To apply for this position, please visit https://jobs.virginia.edu and search on posting #0624597 or visit: https://jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=86178 . Complete an Application online, attach a cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three references.
For information related to this posting, please contact Heather Lothamer at 434-924-9924 or [email protected]
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated consistent ability to communicate exceptionally in both written and verbal forms.
2. Ability to accurately and consistently document information.
3. Ability to work as a part of a collaborative team, as well as independently, and with attention to detail.
4. Ability to interact with patients, family members, physicians, and ancillary personnel, as well as research committees and outside sponsor personnel, in a professional manner.
5. Considerable knowledge of scientific principles and research methodology; proficient knowledge of medical terminology with the ability to manage large amounts of information.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
7. Ability to manage multiple clinical trials simultaneously.
8. Ability to identify and resolve problems.
9. Ability to sort and compile data.
10. Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices for research.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=86178