College at Frisco - 110010
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, with occasional evenings/weekends as needed
The University of North Texas' New College provides students with learning opportunities outside of the traditional higher education model. New College is an academic college that not only houses the Applied Arts and Sciences Unit but also oversees teaching and learning opportunities outside of Denton.
A major effort is being undertaken to expand UNT's degree offerings and enrollment in Collin County, specifically those offered at New College at Hall Park facility in Frisco, and before too long, at a new satellite campus in Frisco. As a part of that effort, New College is growing its team.
The New College at Frisco at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Marketing Specialist to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING
* Assists with creating and implementing marketing strategies for New College's initiatives, locations, and degree programs.
* Works with team to develop and execute marketing communications across multiple media platforms.
* Updates New College websites with news and event information, assists URCM with major website architecture redesigns.
* Analyzes data to determine marketing campaign efficacy.
* Disseminates information to Frisco faculty, students, and staff as needed.
* Helps to coordinate events sponsored by New College in Collin County.
* Investigates and coordinates opportunities to market New College at external events.
* Acts as New College point-of-contact for marketing initiatives by liaising between external stakeholders, New College management, fellow team members, URCM, Enrollment/Recruitment, and other UNT units as necessary.
* Attends training/conferences as directed by Asst. Dean of New College.
* Shares learning and expertise with New College team, URCM, and external stakeholders as necessary.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in related field, or in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Understanding of market segmentation, principles of marketing, integrated marketing communications principles and branding. Ability to visually inspect copy material.
* Competency in MS Office and requisite publishing, graphic design and media tools.
* Ability to think creatively, organize tasks, work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to use Associated Press style.
* Strong communications skills.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Two or more years of professional marketing/advertising/or communications experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting